4/5 at Pittsburgh

Beysbol

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

What do you mean?

Elias prioritizes defense.

Doesn't matter who it is, they're just brutal. Westburg had most of his WAR tied to D and he booted a routine groundball.

• Upvote 1

I went to this park the year it opened. Everything was so shiny, colorful, and bright that it looked like a Mr. Rogers Neighborhood version of a ballpark. And I don't mean that in a bad way. It was just impossibly beautiful to the point of not even being real, or almost like the most amazing toys you've ever seen on Christmas Day.

And based on that behind the catcher view of Westy's fumble, it looks just like it did in '01, just a couple of weeks after 9/11 when I was there. 

2 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

I went to this park the year it opened. Everything was so shiny, colorful, and bright that it looked like a Mr. Rogers Neighborhood version of a ballpark. And I don't mean that in a bad way. It was just impossibly beautiful to the point of not even being real, or almost like the most amazing toys you've ever seen on Christmas Day.

And based on that behind the catcher view of Westy's fumble, it looks just like it did in '01, just a couple of weeks after 9/11 when I was there. 

Weams and I got invited to the press box when we visited, as his cousin (or was it his uncle?) worked there. Amazing view of the city, beyond the river, beyond the park. 

• Like 1