4/7 at Pirates

Morgan423

I know everything in mlb is about respect for veterans, but it would be nice if some vets were nervous about someone in the minors taking their job.  Team seems too laid back.  Doesn't have the same hustle as last year.  I think the attitude of the team would be different with Holliday and Mayo here.  Would results be different?  I don't know.  Thoughts?

I have loved Hays as a player over the years but it's time. And I am just about there w/ Mullins as well. I don't care what Ben is saying about being patient, after 9 games it's an absolute black hole in the line up offensively.

Better at bat by Westburg there that inning, got ahead in the count and hit a solid liner. 

He's been way too hyper-aggressive, and swinging at too many first pitches lately.  If MLB pitchers know that you're doing that every time up, they'll destroy you.

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I know everything in mlb is about respect for veterans, but it would be nice if some vets were nervous about someone in the minors taking their job.  Team seems too laid back.  Doesn't have the same hustle as last year.  I think the attitude of the team would be different with Holliday and Mayo here.  Would results be different?  I don't know.  Thoughts?

As Kevin Brown said yesterday, those vets won 101 games last year.  He said one of them noted it when discussing Norfolk. There is clearly some tension  maybe some are pressing.  

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I have no doubt they are trying to the best of their ability. I don't think having Mayo or Holliday on the bench is going to find a 7th gear for them to kick in and try even harder. It's baseball, you're never as good or bad as you look most of the time.

• Upvote 1

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

I'm not Austin Hays's therapist or anything, but from what I've seen over the years "lighting a fire" under Hays isn't going to give you better results. He looks like crap with the bat now because he's so over-aggressive in the box.

3 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

I have loved Hays as a player over the years but it's time. And I am just about there w/ Mullins as well. I don't care what Ben is saying about being patient, after 9 games it's an absolute black hole in the line up offensively.

To be fair, if this was in June or something I doubt anybody would care. 

4 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Can we stop with this laid back BS?  A ‘laid back’ team doesn’t come from behind multiple times including two walk offs. They’ve run into some good pricing and have a couple guys scuffling. It’s no more complicated that’s that. 

These game threads are impossible. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Fiver6565 said:

Can we stop with this laid back BS?  A ‘laid back’ team doesn’t come from behind multiple times including two walk offs. They’ve run into some good pricing and have a couple guys scuffling. It’s no more complicated that’s that. 

These game threads are impossible. 

*good pitching