Matthew Etzel 2024

RZNJ

14 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Amazing progression for a 10th round pick, he just keeps hitting. Could he be in O's Top 10 and MLB Top 100 by the end of the year? Any reports on his defense? 

Etzel's playable in CF by all accounts. Just a meteoric rise, As we've seen with Beavers, sustaining a hot start in Bowie can sometimes be a challenge.

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

I don’t want to get too excited based on a ten game hot streak.  Beavers had an .894 OPS at Bowie last year, and was at .886 in May.   Since then he’s slumped, but my point is that ten games of success for Etzel  doesn’t tell you that much about how he’ll do over 90ish games.   I’m glad he’s got it going and hope it continues.  

He has been hitting all year, albeit at lower levels. Of course we don't know what he'll do in the future but this is more than a 10 day hot streak.

11 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

He has been hitting all year, albeit at lower levels. Of course we don't know what he'll do in the future but this is more than a 10 day hot streak.

I agree, but AA is a higher level and we’ll need a new see how he does over a substantial period before he’s in consideration to be a top 10 prospect.