Wednesday afternoon April 17: Orioles go for sweep of Twins

SteveA

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

3 minutes ago, Matt Bennett said:

Bullpen piece I think. I don't think I've seen a good breaking ball. Good fastball and occasional changeup has been good so far. Remember, these Twins can't hit. All their real hitters are injured. 

In the long run, yes. But there's another open start or two before at least one of Bradish/Means hopefully return. 

4 minutes ago, justD said:

Last time out, on April 17 in Norfolk, he threw 87 pitches.

Why would he have a limit?  Serious question, not a criticism.

I’m not suggesting he should, but Hyde usually has a limit in mind. I was just wondering if he’d said anything publicly. I’m happy to let it ride.

”Ride the train while there’s coal in the tender!”

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, elextrano8 said:

It's so lame

I don't understand it because they set up the premise like "Joe Maddon had a hard time joining our firm because he could only talk about baseball!!" but then all the actual footage of Maddon in the commercial is just him sitting around saying generic not specifically basebally phrases. 

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Did Jackson give it a good ride?   Here at work all I can see is "flied out to right".

Took it out to the warning track by the tall wall in RF. Wouldn't say he crushed it, but encouraging based on what we've seen so far.

6 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Anyone else watching on MLBTV have to watch this awfully written/edited mockumentary Joe Maddon commercial over and over? 

I missed the first couple innings today. I am an MLB-TV regular, and I've seen the Madden thing only 3-4 times, a tiny number by MLB-TV standards. It's terrible, though.

I just want to point out that for years, it seemed like we'd face a pitcher like Suarez, a guy called up who had been pitching overseas for years, maybe made 5 starts with the A's like six years ago and then we'd get shut out and we'd all be on here crying about how we'd couldn't touch this random dude and he'd get a win and we'd never hear from him again.

MY HOW THE TABLES HAVE TURNED

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Is it too early to evaluate how Suarez is pitching? Yeah, he’s splendid, but how’s his Velo second time through? How many barrels? Or HHs?

I think he’s little short of miraculous, but I don’t have an eye for pitching.

too early to pencil him in for more?

As I’m writing, he seems to be losing his command…and just as I typed that he K-ed Buxton….and then gave up a double.

Edited by Philip