4/21 @ Royals

Morgan423

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

I've supported letting him get adjusted to the majors but at it looks like he's reaching the point he needs some more seasoning.  Not really even having a lot of productive at bats. 

He is having no productive at-bats.  There isn’t a single type of pitch he has thrown any competence with.  I am afraid this level of struggle is a swing issue that needs work. 

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Well, the TV strike zone is not the real zone. So actually, the umpire was apparently right.

image.thumb.png.19926586e81229f64cb271510cd3fb40.png

I've always hated the broadcast strike boxes. Distracting for no real benefit. 

The only time it's somewhat helpful are when we have a really bad camera angle at a visiting ballpark. 

Ump inserts himself in the game in a crucial spot in favor of KC. Lame.

Can Holliday get an approved medical exemption to take Adderall like Davis did?

image.png.f583ea0c9352debcfa1646cc227279b8.png

I'm not a hitting expert by any means, but how in the world would someone get a hit by turning their head and watching the baseball sail into the zone like this, while leaning or crouching down like he does?

To me it seems like you need to look at the ball as it comes out of the hand, and decide if you're going to swing at that point. He saw "ball" (or "I don't know") coming out of the hand, decided not to swing, and is guiltily watching the baseball come into the zone - a completely useless action that will not help him in any way. He needs to break the habit of turning the head to look at the baseball. You either swing at it or you let it go by.

His stance also looks extremely unfit for being able to get the bat out into the zone with any kind of bat speed. Looks like a stance that a little league hitting coach would notice and tell him to adjust.