Friday, April 26: Orioles return home to face Oakland

SteveA

Wonder if Burnes actually got hurt in his last start?  Remember that misstep and him yelling for everyone to leave him alone?  Probably hurt something but is trying to man up and get through so he can cash out big at the end of the year.  Dollar dollar bills y'all

1 minute ago, TopGunnar said:

Call me crazy all you want but Burnes doesn’t impress me at all. If he’s looking for a 250 million dollar contract he might want to rethink it

He typically settles down after the 1st, but yeah, his 1st inning issues are really weird.

4 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Its a gimmick to get fans to buy different jerseys and hats.  Its a cynical cash grab like the stupid gambling thing.  

Oh, of course. They have themed uniforms so they can sell them. I remember the olden days, when guys had one uniform and the only money they made off them was doing Tide commercials.

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

Wonder if Burnes actually got hurt in his last start?  Remember that misstep and him yelling for everyone to leave him alone?  Probably hurt something but is trying to man up and get through so he can cash out big at the end of the year.  Dollar dollar bills y'all

Yea, he can just man up for the cash.  Should be easy to fool everyone for six months, for the cash.

2 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Relax dude

Just now, baltfan said:

Maybe they should lie to him and tell him it’s the 2nd. 

They could use a left handed "opener" and bring Burnes in in the second or third inning.

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

Relax dude

I had like three hours of sleep.  Had to take my dog to Virginia for a vet to artificially breed him.  Its a undignified procedure. My wife is coming home from work late and thinks she has pink eye and is stopping on the way at urgent care.  And I still have to walk the dog before the game is over.  I am cranky as all hell.