Saturday, May 4 in Cincinnati: John Means returns to the mound

SteveA

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I hope the plan is Kimbrel gets a couple days off after tonight. Cano threw three pitches last night why not use him instead of playing by the save rule.

We don't play Monday, so he definitely gets two day s off after tonight.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Does anybody know that he is an ex Yankee?
    • I put this ridiculousness in the game recap, but I think it belongs here as well.  Using AI you can really make some crazy stuff. 😂 https://suno.com/song/8f21dd9e-af4e-4284-9f23-c566260ca6ce
    • A buddy of mine made this with his AI. I figured I’d just put this here. 😂   https://suno.com/song/8f21dd9e-af4e-4284-9f23-c566260ca6ce
    • I was listening to MLB Prospects podcast last week. They talked about Gillen, and mentioned a lot about how he may be the best high school hitter. However, it’s a tough call where he’ll go because of a weak arm. They said the arm was injured, a right labrum, and his arm strength is not back after two years. So, probably wasn’t going to be a SS anyway when said and done due to size, maybe a 2B/LF or CF profile due to the weak arm and 60 speed. He was projected to maybe become the top high school player in the draft as a sophomore, but injured the shoulder and had some other injuries that have held him back. It is going to be interesting to see where Elias goes with picks 22 and 32. I would like to see Gillen there, but I think he’ll be gone. Kellon Lindsey is interesting, and maybe Billy Amick, along with one of the previous college hitters you mentioned will sneak through. Lindsey is rising fast.
    • A good friend of mine coaches college baseball.  He’s studied and dedicated his career to understanding how humans move. Not all humans move the same way.  An incredible talent could potentially be taught to move against his body’s preference and fail.  New wave progressive coaches understand how various body types work and the nuance to teach/coach them effectively.  
    • I'm still trying to figure out how this guy is out of the majors for 7 years and somehow manages to pick up 2 MPH on his fastball, at the age of 34.  But hey, I'm not complaining.   Statcast loves him so far this year.  Statcast thought he was a little unlucky in his last stint in the majors, and unsurprisingly they think he's getting a little lucky now, but even accounting for his good luck he's still in great pitcher territory.
    • 2 "gutsy" starts in a row.  That's exactly what you want out of veterans to demonstrate to the young guys.
  • Popular Contributors