5/7 @ Nats

3 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I understand (maybe incorrectly) that the idea behind managers getting tossed is that by showing his players he will fight for them, even act like a jerk for them, will promote some kind of good feeling or team spirit, not just for the balance of that game but more generally. Can't measure that, I don't think.

I think the O's players know that Hyde would fight for them. Getting tossed in a 1 run game is probably not smart. 

One of the few times I agree with throwing over the third attempt.  If you can't hold a guy on who's got a 90%+ stolen base success rate, that dude is practically already standing on second anyway.  May as well make one more throw over and try to surprise him. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

oriole annual sleepwalk against a mediocre or bad team...never fails...

I see you say this more than once a year, did you mean daily?

56 minutes ago, elextrano8 said:

You know damn well that this talk started the second KB said Melanie would be announcing today.

She’s a terrible play by play person. It’s not weird to say that for anyone with ears. 

I dont hate Kevin or Melanie but I dont like either of them to be honest.  Melanie does not know the rules and makes a lot of mistakes.  Kevin is just kind of working the Revenge of the Nerds look.  

As an Oriole fan since 77 we have had a lot of much better talent.  Hopefully Rubenstein will slowly figure out if he likes the MASN crew as it is or not.  I hope he goes out and gets better talent.  

Ben McDonald is great.  I think he is the only guy I would say is a keeper.