Wednesday afternoon May 15: Orioles vs Blue Jay

SteveA

Posted (edited)

If keeping McCann in the game to try to squeeze in Santander is the decision over PH-ing O’Hearn in that situation, then the Adley as DH strategy has to die.

There have now been multiple scenarios in which McCann should have been out of the game (PR at 1B in the 7th and now this AB), and they didn’t pull him because they feel they can’t. The first time, it absolutely cost us the game-tying run, and you’d have to imagine it probably did once again.

You can’t willfully tie your hands behind your back like that. Adley isn’t that good a hitter.

Edited by e16bball

I think it was a stupid play to bunt with a guy on third that is obviously limping from earlier in the game. I think it was dumb to bunt with 2 strikes. I think the whole play was a dumb one. It was also dumb of Guerrero to field that instead of letting it go foul. 

BUT, he was safe. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

Sounded like the challenge was that the catcher blocked the plate, not that he was safe. Neither KB nor JP picked up on it.

I heard that, too.  Not sure that matters, though.