Are we actually 27-14 with the highest runs/game in the AL?

Frobby

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

It's human nature.  Nobody takes the time to fire off messages about what they're happy about.

I'm as guilty of it as anybody.  I virtually never respond to a post that I agree with.  I only respond when I disagree, and the more I disagree, the more likely I am to respond.

Thats how I am too. Occasionally I'll react in a celebratory way in a post, but its often to react analytically.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jabba72 said:

Thats how I am too. Occasionally I'll react in a celebratory way in a post, but its often to react analytically.

I bet people are a lot more pleasant in real life than the online versions of them we interact with.

Except Sports Guy.  I think his online personality far exceeds his actual one.  :)

• Haha 2

Just now, interloper said:

Board just needs a firm win, really, with some beefy offensive innings. It's been a frustrating stretch with some uncomfortable wins and frustrating losses. 

We could win 11-1 tonight, and there'd be 3 pages complaining about the lineup tomorrow.

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Board just needs a firm win, really, with some beefy offensive innings. It's been a frustrating stretch with some uncomfortable wins and frustrating losses. 

The team has gone a very uncomfortable 10-4 in their last 14 games.  

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Speak for yourself. I'm fine, we won, had our struggles, it's a new day. Firm and beefy, btw.

10 minutes ago, Pickles said:

It's human nature.  Nobody takes the time to fire off messages about what they're happy about.

I'm as guilty of it as anybody.  I virtually never respond to a post that I agree with.  I only respond when I disagree, and the more I disagree, the more likely I am to respond.

I guess I get that. But I don't understand the people who treat social media and messageboards like I mumble or yell at the TV. A sharp grounder goes through somebody's legs and I'll say "what the @$(%!". They'll take the time to type out 3-4 sentences about how the fielder is of questionable parentage and the GM is clearly smoking crack, and the mananger who put him there must have brain damage.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

The team has gone a very uncomfortable 10-4 in their last 14 games.  

You joke (I assume), but it's kind of true! There really haven't been any "sit back and enjoy an easy win" games recently that I can remember. Maybe 1 during that stretch?

Edited by interloper

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Got to love it, show you evidence and you still want to deflect.

Starting to have a discussion about something is not the same as asking for change.  Ordinarily discussion happens first.

OK, how about this scenario?

What if it comes out that the organizational philosophy is to put emphasis on making the playoffs as often as possible over sacrificing future competitiveness to increase the chances of a title in a one season scenario?

If that is the ownership goal than the moves made at the deadline are right line with that. 

Stuff like that is why discussion is an important step.

What are you talking about?  How am I deflecting? This argument is ridiculous. Questioning a GMs ability and discussing replacing him should be done in the same breath. You don’t keep a GM around if you don’t think he can win a World Series for you. My point is just that discussing replacing him or questioning his ability after two playoff appearances is stupid. I wonder if someone can find how many times GMs or managers have made two failed playoff appearances before finally winning a world series. I bet there’s a few.

Anyway, I just want to talk about baseball. If all you have to defend your comment is this dumb semantics argument, then I think we are done here. 

21 minutes ago, Pickles said:

a62f6918-a5c9-4fe5-87fc-3d3eb4a6151d_tex

10 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I guess I get that. But I don't understand the people who treat social media and messageboards like I mumble or yell at the TV. A sharp grounder goes through somebody's legs and I'll say "what the @$(%!". They'll take the time to type out 3-4 sentences about how the fielder is of questionable parentage and the GM is clearly smoking crack, and the mananger who put him there must have brain damage.

I guess rage posting is satisfying for some people.