Saturday, May 18: A Wet one vs The Seamen

Hope they get this one in. All of these rainy Saturdays have meant no golf for me in a while, so I hope to at least catch a ballgame. 

Grayson coming off the IL for the start as we commence a 6 man rotation. 

Not only wondering whether this'll start on time, wondering where to find out that information.  Also, maybe this is not the right day to start Grayson.  Potentially too many up and downs.  Maybe let Irvin take a turn.

At the game and not sure why they didn’t just start the game and delay as needed. Not doing a thing here and could’ve already been into the 2nd/3rd inning by now. Yes, I do see rain over the EC area but it’s moving painfully slow. 

• Upvote 1

It is SOOO frustrating to be here perfectly dry! It hasnt rained one spit since I got here at 3! Yet here we are, biding our time for what you’re saying might be 3 more hours before it even starts?!?

Totally taking advantage of fans, getting them to spend money on concessions I guess?

For NO reason.

Does Nicole make the decision? Hyde? Both managers? The umpires?

Is it protecting the pitching staffs, knowing they’d get at most 2-3 innings in before having to delay?

Sorry to be whiny. I did already stay a time in the member’s clubhouse, got my complimentary pulled pork and cole slaw at the Picnic Perch, used the charging station, listened to the Saturday live band, scouted new club level eateries (“sauced and tossed” chicken bites with mac & cheese has my attention for later on during the delay…)

Make the best of it I guess. Did they run the Preakness main race yet?

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Hourly weather forecasts show an 80-ish% thunderstorm chance through the 7' o clock hour.  They may be playing it safe so as not to risk burning the starters? 

Edited by Morgan423

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

No word on the start time?

No news here.

It’s finally raining!

For some reason, these poor dudes and dudettes have to stand and protect the field (from fans throwing things?!?) while it rains 😄

IMG_4960.jpeg

• Haha 2