The 2024 Trade Deadline

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I would sell Mullins to the highest bidder.  Then buy Luis Robert, a Game 3 SP, and a high leverage RP.  

The devil is in the details.

6 minutes ago, interloper said:

Mullins has infinite more dog in him than Robert. Hard pass. Robert is terrible. He barely tries out there. 

I think you're thinking of Eloy Jimenez as being terrible. Robert is an elite talent with a unique combination of power and speed. 125 career OPS+ and 5.5 WAR per 162 game pace. That's good, actually. 

5 minutes ago, Matt Bennett said:

I think you're thinking of Eloy Jimenez as being terrible. Robert is an elite talent with a unique combination of power and speed. 125 career OPS+ and 5.5 WAR per 162 game pace. That's good, actually. 

The problem with Luis Robert is availability and given the likely asking price from the White Sox to get him it’s a hard pass for me. A trade for a veteran outfielder that can play CF might not be a bad idea, but the pitching has to be addressed first. 

It does make sense to trade Mullins and get the RH CFer. I’m not sure who that is but I doubt it’s Robert. I think it would be more of a part time guy like Bader or Pillar or someone along those lines. 

You can argue for Mullins on the team next year but it’s a flimsy argument imo and he certainly it’s a long term piece and you don’t lose much by trading him now, as long as you are replacing him with someone else who can play the position well.

8 minutes ago, Matt Bennett said:

Oh no I definitely mean Robert. 

Welp, Robert might get hurt.  Well, Mullins has been a sub .600 OPS player for since June 1st 2023.  That's well over a season.  We need better.  We have the prospects to buy better.  Robert's contract isn't that bad.

I would put CF as a bigger need than closer/SU man.  

SP, CF, CL/SU.

23 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I would sell Mullins to the highest bidder.  Then buy Luis Robert, a Game 3 SP, and a high leverage RP.  

Have a deal in place for Mullins and then try to pull the trigger on Robert. So we don’t lose leverage. Im fine with a guy like Fedde…as I’m committed to resigning Burnes. Fedde bridges the gap to a Bradish return in 2026. And if Grayson continues to develop we’d continue to have a solid 1-3. I’m not mad if we trade for Skubal but if you’re gonna pay a heavy price I’d prefer they aggressively go after Skenes. I agree we need a reliever.

They could do a mega trade and get Robert, Brebbia, and Fedde.

1 minute ago, Matt Bennett said:

Oh okay. 5.0 WAR in 2023 isn't terrible. That's really good actually. Similar to Cedric Mullins' 2021 historic season. 

Robert’s OBP the last 3 years is in the .310s …. He’s not a guy I’m crazy about.

32 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Our FV score from #7 on is 45 or lower. Many other team have more 50 FV rated guys. Obviously they will be rescored the end of this year. 

Yankees have 9 at 50 or better..Dodgers have 11.. 

why did you start with #7? You said there was a fall off from the big 3. 

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Welp, Robert might get hurt.  Well, Mullins has been a sub .600 OPS player for since June 1st 2023.  That's well over a season.  We need better.  We have the prospects to buy better.  Robert's contract isn't that bad.

I would put CF as a bigger need than closer/SU man.  

SP, CF, CL/SU.

But his OBP stinks … 

Also, we act like the CWS are a dumpster fire, their GM actually had a good offseason.  He got way more for Cease then any of us thought.  They signed Fedde who will bring back a top 100 prospect+.  They put Crochet in the rotation.  

Luis Robert is the piece this offense needs.  I'd comp him to when we brought in Eric Davis back in the mid 90's.  His contract is affordable too.  Especially since we'd be moving on from Mullins.  

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

They are 50 FV guys …. 

You’re not understanding me. You said there was a fall off after the big three, now you’re moving the goalposts to #7. 

Also please provide a link because I have no idea where you’re getting this information.