Sunday, June 16th vs. Philadelphia

elextrano8

25 minutes ago, Philip said:

Meh… we ran into a couple…could been anyone.

We have just awakened a sleeping dragon and filled him with a yada yada.

Not sure what any of the second sentence means. Or really the first for that matter.

What actually happened was we kicked their butts!

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

10 straight quality starts for Burnes.   Two short of Palmer's team record.   Guess he could tie it the first game of the Rangers series  on the 28th.   (98 Rock night, Joan Jett at the splash station!).

Will they have Joan in the booth for an inning or two that night?  She is awesome

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Ha has said he has dreamed about free agency and is going to test the market.  He can choose from a lot of really good teams to go to.  

Where did I say he's not going to test the market? And the Orioles are one of the top 5 teams in baseball this year or any year in the next 5.

8 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

It's not hard to see someone outbid the Orioles on Burnes. But if I was him, I would have to think about whether taking 200 mil instead of 150 mil is worth it when you are feeling right at home in Camden Yards and you have a chance to compete for a WS every year for the next five years.

$288M per the estimate in a column I read yesterday.

Just now, Uli2001 said:

Atlanta score four unanswered in the late innings to tie Tampa Bay.

Whatever happened to the Rays? They won 99 games last year. They just fell off a cliff this year.

Most of their rotation is out with TJS and every hitter they had last season had near career years and they aren't hitting like they did last year.

20 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

They are helped beating up the Marlins and the Mets.

Maybe so. But they are very good nonetheless. But this weekend we have been better!

As I said all weekend, (and I know they are missing two really good position players at C and SS), they are only better in the bullpen. Well, with the Bradish injury, the rotation too now, until we had someone.