7/2 vs Seattle Mariners

SilverRocket

10 minutes ago, Malike said:

I'm super jealous. Seoul is on my bucket list if I live long enough to get even the first one done! Have some makgeolli for me!

I had two different types last night 😀: Saseon (사선 Four Sages) and Jangsu (장수 Long Life)--the first was mild with a lot of sediment, the second slightly sweeter and clearer. Have tried abt 5-6 others so far on this trip--these days, the variety and availability in many restaurants is truly impressive. You'd love it here! Let me know when you get around to making the visit--very likely that I'll be here and I always love sharing my pleasantly-won knowledge!

But you know, since you're in NY I believe, it's hard to beat the black soybean-infused makgeolli you can get cheap (less than $6) in liquor stores in Queens, as far west as Sunnyside--there's a Chinese-run place on the SW corner of 41st Ave. and I believe 43rd St. (+/- one street) that usually has it. Also a tiny liquor store near the 7-train's Roosevelt Ave. station around the corner from the Chung Kiwa ("Blue Rooftile") restaurant: 4006 74th St., Jackson Heights. Enjoy!

Edited by LA2
  • Upvote 1