Poll - Would you trade Cowser, McDermott, Norby, and Stowers for Crochet?

sportsfan8703

Poll - Would you trade Cowser, McDermott, Norby, and Stowers for Crochet?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Poll - Would you trade Cowser, McDermott, Norby, and Stowers for Crochet?

• Yes
    • No

Again with the Crochet talk. Are people just glossing over the innings issue, or do you just think it’s not a real issue?  There’s a decent chance that Crochet is ZERO help down the stretch. Yes he’s controllable but who cares about that for THIS season?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Fiver6565 said:

Again with the Crochet talk. Are people just glossing over the innings issue, or do you just think it’s not a real issue?  There’s a decent chance that Crochet is ZERO help down the stretch. Yes he’s controllable but who cares about that for THIS season?

There may be a very good chance he wouldn't start a game for the Orioles if they acquired him. I'd say there is a much less than zero chance he would get some time in the pen to finish off the year, do you think he'd help at all this season in the pen?

20 minutes ago, Malike said:

There may be a very good chance he wouldn't start a game for the Orioles if they acquired him. I'd say there is a much less than zero chance he would get some time in the pen to finish off the year, do you think he'd help at all this season in the pen?

It’s POSSIBLE he helps in the pen, yes. He MIGHT even get a start in the postseason. But why we would we give up valuable assets for ifs ands and buts?  That’s just a poor use of resources.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

It’s POSSIBLE he helps in the pen, yes. He MIGHT even get a start in the postseason. But why we would we give up valuable assets for ifs ands and buts?  That’s just a poor use of resources.  

Service Time (01/2024): 3.028  •  Arb Eligible: 2025  •  Free Agent: 2027

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

I mean, you do have him for two more years after this season so I'd argue that it's not a poor use of resources.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Service Time (01/2024): 3.028  •  Arb Eligible: 2025  •  Free Agent: 2027

I understand that which is why both of my posts asked about and/or referred to  his usefulness THIS YEAR, as have prior posts I have made on the topic of Crochet. 

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

There were close to 1k pages of posts in the offseason, across two boards, for the same trade for Cease. Crochet has the extra half season of control and an extra postseason. 

Those threads were about trading Cease, not one specific proposed Cease trade.   In fact, the thread on Soxtalk wasn’t just about the Orioles, but any team trading for Cease.   The threads here that were devoted to a specific trade involved Cowser and Ortiz being packaged.   Not pitchers, not four players.  

46 minutes ago, Malike said:

Trade scenarios always crack me up here. 

OH: We need a guy like Skubal, Crochet, or Miller.

Also OH: I wouldn't trade anyone in the top 15 for them though.

I'd sooner give up Basallo.  At least with Basallo you're not sacking thr MLB roster until 2026.  With Cowser you have to have someone on hand to take over immediately.

21 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Take McDermott out and I might say yes.

I voted Yes but that's the one piece of the trade I didn't like, including McDermott, but anyways I voted yes. You have to give assets for 2.5 years of controllable pitching.

1 minute ago, Hallas said:

I'd sooner give up Basallo.  At least with Basallo you're not sacking thr MLB roster until 2026.  With Cowser you have to have someone on hand to take over immediately.

If I were a betting man I'd bet that the O's trade Cowser/Kjerstad before anyone else. We'll know in a few weeks I guess.

6 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I understand that which is why both of my posts asked about and/or referred to  his usefulness THIS YEAR, as have prior posts I have made on the topic of Crochet. 

They shouldn't just be looking at this season tho right?

What's the 2025 opening day rotation look like right now?

Even if you just slot him in the pen the rest of the season that's value for this season.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hallas said:

They've been playing Kjerstad in LF and he hasnt looked bad. I'll agree it hurts our depth in CF but Cowser's bat has gone ice-cold.