7/5 Orioles begin their last series ever in Oakland

SteveA

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

If this game is any indicator, Hays might be the better option over Cowser for the next few days because he's got the hot hand for the moment.

Hays’ OPS on the year is now up to .737 and Cowser is at .746.  Hays may overtake Cowser soon.  

Edited by Frobby

18 minutes ago, Malike said:

It's an unfair comp, imo. Henderson is a different animal and simply saying Gunnar struggled, Cowser will be fine isn't fair.

Why? Cowser outperformed him in minors at  AAA, AA, A.  He’s only 1 year older.  Why are they a different animal? 

Just now, emmett16 said:

Why? Cowser outperformed him in minors at  AAA, AA, A.  He’s only 1 year older.  Why are they a different animal? 

If you think they are a good comp that's fine. I'll concede.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I never expected Bradfield to develop a lot of power.  I’d call his season mildly disappointing so far (.279/.351/.375) but not a disaster.   Honesty, with one pretty strong month his numbers could be right where I would have expected.   I doubt the O’s are looking to unload Bradfield just because Honeycutt may soon be signed, but he’s certainly not an untouchable if another team wants him as part of a package in exchange for something we need this year.    
    • Well as Malike tells me all the time you are ruining my ignore button but now I can’t unsee this.  Hindsight is always 20/20 with these guys that have some kind of agenda.  This guys is to prove that Elias or “Mike” as he always addresses him as is just not that good of a GM.   To have anticipated Means would have to have a second Tommy John surgery would make Elias clairvoyant.  Much less Wells, who also who was a very successful pitcher a year ago.  To say acquiring Corbin Burnes is just a lateral move is just wrong.  Burnes would have been an upgrade to ANY pitching staff in baseball and we gave up a top talented prospect to do it.  A move they should have made and I don’t doubt he will do it again.   Bottom line is to date the team and pitching staff Elias has put together had the Orioles with the best record in the AL through 102 games even with three top end starters needing TJ surgery.  How many other pitching staff’s could endure that with the results we have had so far?  Maybe the very rich Dodgers.  It is also not fair to judge Elias on what he can accomplish with John Angelos as an owner versus what he may be able to accomplish with this new ownership.  I guarantee he has more assets at his disposal today then he did any time before opening day.  Lets let the season and the trade deadline play out.  
    • The two guys Seattle traded for Arozarena were both draft picks in last years draft. 4th rd and 6th rd picks. The 4th rd pick was an overslot $1.2 million HS bat. The 6th rd pick was a NCAA SP that actually was underslot at 230k.  Just for that perspective with the recent draft. The $1.2 million signing bonus is on par with what we gave Jackson Baumeister as a 2nd rd pick last year. 
    • He didn’t pitch him near as hard or for as many multi-inning outs.  He also didn’t get guys up 3 times without pitching them. Generally, if they got up, he pitched them. His bullpen management was better. 
    • I think you’re right that even very good teams have periods where they struggle.  I think we as fans have forgotten this in light of last year’s team that never got swept in a series and really never had a period of play as bad as the last couple of weeks have been.   Beyond the results, this team has just been playing uncharacteristically sloppy baseball for several weeks, even when they win, Thursday’s game being a textbook example of this.  Hopefully the team gets its act together soon, because this hasn’t been pretty.  
    • The Rangers probably want that to happen.
    • Something to keep an eye on for sure. I’d hate to give the Jays anything for anyone but if he’s a rental and that’s all we get..Fine. 
  • Popular Contributors