Oakland 7/7

Frobby

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

And with one swing of the bat Kjerstad is suddenly someone we have to absolutely keep. 

@Maliketell Cowser he’s on the block. 

one swing heh, Kjerstad has been in our system for years, seeing it transition into the MLB makes him someone we have to absolutely keep. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Other than an injury what could happen in a game that would override the half of a season they have already played?

I suppose if it's close between a couple starting pitchers for a final spot and one of them puts up a 2 inning 8 run type of outing it could make a difference.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Why would MLB care?

That sounds like something the Union might push.  MLB wants the starts to play as much as possible.  They don't want Stanton and Ohtani playing four games a week.

I quoted the wrong reply.  Meant to quote the reply on the lack of screen in front of the dugout 

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

I suppose if it's close between a couple starting pitchers for a final spot and one of them puts up a 2 inning 8 run type of outing it could make a difference.

And then someone drops out and the other makes it anyway.  😉

I think people should wait until 200+ at bats before going too ga-ga over Kerstad.  Just remember what Cowser was doing in April.  We need to see what happens when the league adjusts.  Meanwhile, enjoy the ride.  

I know I am an Oriole fan and maybe biased but the more I watch Gunnar the more I see a special player I have not seen many of in my lifetime.  He just seems to me be at another level and getting better.