Thursday 7/11 - Cubs vs. Orioles

86this

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Highest runs per game.

You are right...I swore saw something that we'd dropped to 2nd, but we haven't, at least not yet.  Of course if we keep scoring 3.5 runs like we have the past few week we soon will be out of first.  Hopefully that doesn't happen.

2 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

It's true that we are 2nd in scoring.  It's also true that for the past few weeks our scoring has been lower, 3.5 runs a game or so.  Is that a small valley that we will rebound from?  Or is it reverting back to what the 'norms' will be with Cowser, Mateo, Mountcastle etc cooling off.  While I don't have any numbers to back it up, I'm sure that the team that leads the league in scoring for the first 1/2 of the year doesn't always score at the same rate in the 2nd half.  Point is the offense is struggling lately, and maybe it will rebound, but maybe we should make some moves to shore it up a bit.

This sort of question requires a personal response, I guess. Either you believe in the talent of these hitters or you don't. Nobody can answer that question for you, but personally, I believe in the talent of these hitters.

1 minute ago, forphase1 said:

You are right...I swore saw something that we'd dropped to 2nd, but we haven't, at least not yet.  Of course if we keep scoring 3.5 runs like we have the past few week we soon will be out of first.  Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Second most runs scored but have played fewer games than the Yankees.

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

This sort of question requires a personal response, I guess. Either you believe in the talent of these hitters or you don't. Nobody can answer that question for you, but personally, I believe in the talent of these hitters.

Depends on the player I guess.  Gunnar, Adley, Westburg, Santander, those I believe in their talent, and I expect them to snap out of most funks.  Mateo, Urias, Mullins, Hays, Mountcastle, McCann, Cowser I don't so much.  I guess, overall, there are fewer hitters that I DO believe in versus those that I don't.  McCann is done, Mateo is starting his yearly swoon, Mountcastle can stay cold for a LONG time, Hays can't stay healthy and effective, Cowser hasn't hit in 3 months and doesn't have any track record to trust yet, etc.  

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Wait, hold up.. You mean the Cubs took a lead against the Orioles and it was wit a wo-out hit? Say it a'int so.

Or better yet the middle of the order doing damage.