Can't Pitch, Can't Hit

1 minute ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

Would you trade Gunnar for Skenes straight up? 

Not a chance with the rate pitchers get hurt today and the innings caps placed even when the pitcher is healthy. Gunnar might end up having an all time single season record for WAR by a shortstop.

Skenes as good as he's been won't be close to that level of production.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Not a chance with the rate pitchers get hurt today and the innings caps placed even when the pitcher is healthy. Gunnar might end up having an all time single season record for WAR by a shortstop.

Skenes as good as he's been won't be close to that level of production.

As great as he has been if they allow him to go 200 innings he ends up with about 9 WAR.

6 hours ago, Safelykept said:

Gunner been in a slump so the Pitt GM would not even answer the phone

He’s OPSing .870 in last 5 games.

He’s OPSing .872 in last 10 Games.

League average is .707.

Sign me Up for slumpin’ Gunnar. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Yo vab, where you at?
    • I hear you! I’ve pondered the idea myself.
    • So if no one wanted to pay it what does that tell you. I could understand if Skubal and Crochet had been dealt.  Can you honestly say you’d be happy seeing 2 of Holliday, Basallo, and Mayo be dealt? 
    • I’m trying to get out of my negative mood and figured I need to look at some positives: 1. The Roy jokes were unbelievably funny.  Roy - thanks for always wearing your emotions of your sleeve, you love this team.   2. How many balls has Holliday hit hard to the opposite field since coming back up?  Maybe three?  Seems more comfortable. 3. The defense will get better.  Just not sure how it gets worse or even stays the same. 4. Mayo drew two walks in his debut. 5. At some point, Hollidays patience will pay off and he won’t be dealing with a 50 inch wide plate. 6. Adley can’t get any worse, can he? 7. This is Santander’s final ride. Have grown to really like the player. i don’t know guys, help me out here with some positives?
    • With only 18 days left in the DSL regular season, I think we can say pretty definitively that the O’s 2024 teams are the strongest that the Elias regime has produced, by a wide margin.  DSL Orange sits atop the DSL Northwest Division at 29-14, one game up on the Brewers 1 affiliate at 26-13.   They are tied for the 4th best record in the DSL, and appear likely to grab one of two wild card spots even if the Brewers team catches them for the division title.   Orange features a young, strong offense, averaging 6.53 runs/game, 5th of the 51 DSL teams, and 6th in OPS at .771.   The average age if theit batters is 17.3, 10th youngest of the 51 teams (league average age for position players is 17.7).  The pitchers have the 7th lowest ERA at 3.69,  and their 4.80 runs allowed per game is 11th.  However, the pitchers are a tad above league aversge age at 18.8, 36th of the 5 teams (league average for pitchers is 18.6). You might think that the Orange team is so good because all the Orioles’ DSL talent is stacked on one team, but that’s not the case.   Orioles Black is a very respectable 20-22.  They are 25th in R/G at 5.26, 18th in OPS at .707, while the players average 17.6 years old, 27th.  The pitchers are 38th in ERA at 5.52 and 41st in runs per 8 at 6.85.  They average 18.8 years old, 34th youngest of the 51 tesns.    Just a quick comparison with past DSL teams of the Elias era: 2019: 34-36; 28-34 [8 under .500 combined] 2020: DNP 2021: 13-39; 25-30 [31 games under] 2022: 26-34; 23-34 [19 games under] 2023: 35-19; 20-35 [1 game over] 2024 to date: 29-14; 20-22 [13 games over] Superficially it might seem that the 2019 tesns were better than the 2021-22 versions, but the 2019 teams were among the oldest in the DSL. Anyway, here’s hoping that Orange can win their division and make a deep playoff run, and that our 2024 DSL talent  can come stateside in 2025 and produce the first winning FCL team of the Elias era.   (The 2019 GCL O’s went 38-15, but they were laughably old.)    
    • The pitching fell apart.  That's the story.  
  • Popular Contributors