Friday 7/12 vs. NYY

Morgan423

Povich will have growing pains on occasions.

Imperfections are part of the process of developing into full potential. I remember when Bradish got beat up by the Red Sox early last season. 

And it's not even that bad right now because the score is 3-1 and the inning is over.

Nice job by Povich and Rutschman on that double play.

I’m watching the Yankees broadcast and man do they love talking about the wall. 
“doesn’t matter how far you move the wall, Judge is still gonna hit it over!”

”that would’ve been like 30 rows back on the old wall!”

1 minute ago, baltfan said:

Yeah we want our guy who can’t throw strikes to waste a pitch on 0-2. Makes no sense.  BA is worst at 0-2.  Throw a tough strike to hit. 

I didn’t say waste a pitch. Ever hear of an elevated fastball up and away. Breaking ball in the dirt. 

1 hour ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

It’s pretty scary if Povich is the best pitcher we have in the minors. We are gonna be in a major downswing the Next couple of years minus some trades.

That's the result of punting on pitchers in the draft since Elias took ever. Instead we take left handed hitting outfielders 

Just now, eddie83 said:

I didn’t say waste a pitch. Ever hear of an elevated fastball up and away. Breaking ball in the dirt. 

Judge is in the 93rd percentile in chase rate. You need to throw it to his cold zone down, I assume they know that and Povich missed.

1 minute ago, DEOriolesfan said:

That's the result of punting on pitchers in the draft since Elias took ever. Instead we take left handed hitting outfielders 

Hearing Matt Blood talk, it sounds like they might do the same thing in the draft again this year too. Another college left handed hitter.

2 minutes ago, survivedc said:

I’m watching the Yankees broadcast and man do they love talking about the wall. 
“doesn’t matter how far you move the wall, Judge is still gonna hit it over!”

”that would’ve been like 30 rows back on the old wall!”

Unfortunately for them, there are 8 other guys that get to bat before he gets to be a wall hero again.