What would you prioritize as great news for the O's as of now?

Greg Pappas

In other words, would an extension, a trade, or something else be the 'best news I could hope for now'? Be specific.  A trade of Ramon Urias for Skubal doesn't count. 🤣

I'll go with a Burnes extension.  I'm not expecting it, but that would REALLY put a smile on my face.

Edited by Greg Pappas

• Greg Pappas changed the title to What would you prioritize as great news for the O's as of now?

For me it would be to dominate this trade deadline. A #2 starter, a dominant closer/high leverage reliever, a 2nd high leverage reliever. 

Gunnar extension would be great, but it doesn't increase our chances of winning this year. First things first. 

1 minute ago, Greg Pappas said:

That's not news... that's a broad hope.  What reasonable thing does what you wish?

Extensions do nothing for us to win now. Acquiring players in areas of need do. That should be the only focus. Getting Gunnar signed would be great but it doesn’t bring us closer to a ring.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Extensions do nothing for us to win now. Acquiring players in areas of need do. That should be the only focus. Getting Gunnar signed would be great but it doesn’t bring us closer to a ring.

Fair point.  Which specific acquisition would top your list? A ToR?

Edited by Greg Pappas

Skubal, Fedde, Miller, Scott, Erceg. I mean, go get ALL of these guys. We could absolutely do it. We won't, but it would be incredible.

Burnes
Skubal
Rodriguez
Fedde
Kremer

Miller
Kimbrel
Scott
Cano
Erceg
Webb
Perez
Suarez

Irvin included in one of the trades somewhere. Nittoli and Smith DFA'd. Akin and Baker optioned. 

Rotation in 2025:

Skubal
Rodriguez
Fedde
Kremer
Whoever

Edited by interloper

I’d be happiest with news of Gunnar/Adley/Burnes extension. A trade would be exciting but I really like our group and would love to know I’ll get to follow them for the next 8 years or whatever.

• Upvote 2

• Trading either Stowers or Norby or both (giving them a shot at playing every day somewhere else where they're needed), while losing only lower level (i.e. A, AA) prospect talent (Forret? Etzel? Bright?) as add-ons, to acquire a solid relief pitcher for the back end of the bullpen (someone the Sigbot and scouts have uncovered that's not currently on anyone's radar).

• Watching the lineup take off after the break, back to passing the baton in games and "not trying to do too much," aka manufacturing runs. I've really missed that the past month or so. 

One can dream...

• Upvote 4