Regarding the O's draft philosophy

2 minutes ago, elextrano8 said:

So you saw speculation... three years ago? How confident are you that the speculation is true? Do you remember who was doing the speculating?

Was just providing information.

Do with it what you will.

And calm down a bit.

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Was just providing information.

Do with it what you will.

And calm down a bit.

But I mean, do you not see how irresponsible that you're being? This is how weird rumors get started and perpetuated.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

At the time I saw speculation that the O's preferred target was picked before they had a chance to grab him and that Willems was a contingency plan.

Ok.   So?

8 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I've started to look thru Elias' past drafts and he's obviously had great success in the first 2 rounds and the supplemental rounds.  After that he's had very poor results.  No one gets great results after the 2nd round but I think Elias' might be even below average.  I noticed in the 2021 draft he took no hs picks but only college picks.  IMO, it wouldn't hurt to keep the same strategy for the first 2 round with the occasional 2nd round/supplemental pick for the standout pitcher.  For round 3-10, concentrate on high upside college pitchers who will probably be relievers (omg, you're drafting relievers).  Relievers and high minor relievers are some of the most valuable trade capital.  Also pick a few high upside hs bats.  These would be obvious overslots and would necessitate take a couple of senior signs.  Rounds 11-20 are college players and some hs arms.  These are probably organizational players although you might hit on a lottery ticket or two. 

Joey Ortiz, a 4th rounder, is a candidate for rookie of the year. 

Darell Hernaiz, a 5th rounder, drafted out of HS has made his MLB debut at the age of 22. 

Edited by emmett16