Makes Too Much Sense

Answerman

You guys wanting more for Stowers just goes the mindset of not wanting to win it all this year. I understand Tanner is a free agent after this year but tell me when is Stowers ever going to be a full time player for us? I can understand not giving up what we would need to get Miller but we like everyone else could use bullpen help. Cano and Cionel have been inconsistent this year and Tanner could easily step in as the setup man.

You have to give up something to get something and sometimes it’s not ideal but aren’t we trying to win this year? 41 years and counting…

40 minutes ago, Answerman said:

Stowers for Tanner Scott…good for both teams. Who says no?

Scott walks too many people. He was a huge headache when he was here. If Stowers were playing everyday somewhere he’d be a solid contributor. K a lot but a solid contributor. And everyone wants him except apparently the Os.

• Confused 1

I believe Bendix will do a tick or two better than Stowers for Scott.     I think EBJ might be a ballpark value he's looking for 1:1, and Bendix won't mind deferring expected production until 2026 when Sandy and Eury would be hoped back to full strength.

The top 2026 ETA's on MLB.com's Orioles list tonight are EBJ 4, Horvath 10, Braylin 12, L. Arias 14, De Leon 16.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

Scott walks too many people. He was a huge headache when he was here. If Stowers were playing everyday somewhere he’d be a solid contributor. K a lot but a solid contributor. And everyone wants him except apparently the Os.

Who cares what Scott did here years ago. He has been very good this year. I’d do this trade in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I believe Bendix will do a tick or two better than Stowers for Scott.     I think EBJ might be a ballpark value he's looking for 1:1, and Bendix won't mind deferring expected production until 2026 when Sandy and Eury would be hoped back to full strength.

The top 2026 ETA's on MLB.com's Orioles list tonight are EBJ 4, Horvath 10, Braylin 12, L. Arias 14, De Leon 16.

Yeah, probably worth noting that Tanner Scott is the most valuable reliever in MLB over the last two seasons by both fWAR and rWAR.

I think they’re probably looking for more than Stowers in return, even for a rental.

Edited by e16bball
  • Upvote 1

Agree that we would need to give up more than Stowers for Tanner Scott.   We are not the only team in the market for bullpen help.  

Now we might be able to get Sam Moll from the Reds for Stowers.   Solid lefty reliever with a good track record, better than Akin or Perez, not a  potential closer.   We could keep our better trade chips for other acquisitions.  

5 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Agree that we would need to give up more than Stowers for Tanner Scott.   We are not the only team in the market for bullpen help.  

Now we might be able to get Sam Moll from the Reds for Stowers.   Solid lefty reliever with a good track record, better than Akin or Perez, not a  potential closer.   We could keep our better trade chips for other acquisitions.  

Moll is good and has 3+ years of service time but Scott is better.   Long term, Moll is a nice target.   If the idea is to go for it this year he shouldn’t be the best reliever we get.