Seattle is looking for a first baseman

Just watched Castillo shove for 6 innings and leave with a 1-0 lead only for it to be handed back to the Angels in the 8th. 

Scoring 1 run on the angels for the 3rd straight game has to be soul crushing. They will definitely add someone and I hope were involved.

27 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

How would we rank the five starters - Castillo, Gilbert, Kirby, Miller and Woo - in terms of trade cost?

cost in return …most to least 

Gilbert

Kirby

Miller 

Castillo (with his contract going to the new team)

Woo

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I don’t see Seattle subtracting anyone from their current team. 

Maybe something like Mountcastle, Mullins, Bright for Hancock?

Would we make that trade?  We subtract two current starters for Hancock. 

No way. Hancock isn’t very good.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I don’t see Seattle subtracting anyone from their current team. 

Maybe something like Mountcastle, Mullins, Bright for Hancock?

Would we make that trade?  We subtract two current starters for Hancock. 

Of course you make that trade

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Of course you make that trade

I agree, but couldn’t we just buy a rental SP without subtracting from our mlb team?  Even two?  Unless, we believe in addition by subtraction with Mountcastle to get Mayo up. 

It’s not so straightforward. If it were the offseason, it’s a no brainer. 

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I agree, but couldn’t we just buy a rental SP without subtracting from our mlb team?  Even two?  Unless, we believe in addition by subtraction with Mountcastle to get Mayo up. 

It’s not so straightforward. If it were the offseason, it’s a no brainer. 

For me personally, I would acquire 2 starters but the second starter isn’t necessarily a guarantee for this year.

A guy like Detmers or Luzardo are examples of this.

In other words, I want to make sure we get at least one starter this deal that has very good upside and multiple years of service time. If they don’t work out so be it but it’s a move I want to see.

Going after guys like that also mean you are buying them at a lower price point than perhaps their talent should allow, so I want to take advantage of that.

It’s obviously possible that could happen in the offseason but I just assume get it done now.

As for who or what to trade, I think we need to bring in 4 pitchers and maybe a RH CFer.  I think to do that and to keep our top 4 guys, trading from the ML team makes sense, especially because of what we can bring up behind those guys. 

23 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Mariners get Arozarena. Does mean they are out on Hays or Mountcastle? They might prefer lefty bats if they are still looking for offense. 

The M’s need like 6 more bats so yes they could easily use Mountcastle or even Hays..

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

For me personally, I would acquire 2 starters but the second starter isn’t necessarily a guarantee for this year.

A guy like Detmers or Luzardo are examples of this.

In other words, I want to make sure we get at least one starter this deal that has very good upside and multiple years of service time. If they don’t work out so be it but it’s a move I want to see.

Going after guys like that also mean you are buying them at a lower price point than perhaps their talent should allow, so I want to take advantage of that.

It’s obviously possible that could happen in the offseason but I just assume get it done now.

As for who or what to trade, I think we need to bring in 4 pitchers and maybe a RH CFer.  I think to do that and to keep our top 4 guys, trading from the ML team makes sense, especially because of what we can bring up behind those guys. 

All very good points and insights. If there was ever a chance for a three team trade now would be the time. 

Mariners get - Mountcastle

O’s get - one of Fedde, Eflin, Taillon, and Anderson

CWS/Cubs/TB/LAA - get a top 10 org prospect from Mariners. A top 10-20 prospect from O’s. 

9 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

All very good points and insights. If there was ever a chance for a three team trade now would be the time. 

Mariners get - Mountcastle

O’s get - one of Fedde, Eflin, Taillon, and Anderson

CWS/Cubs/TB/LAA - get a top 10 org prospect from Mariners. A top 10-20 prospect from O’s. 

That's a damn interesting thought. 

• Thanks 1