July 27th vs. San Diego

nevadaO

I've always wondered how the trade deadline affects players mentally. I would imagine it is very unsettling, especially on our team with the logjam of talent at AAA. Mullins/Urias/Mounty have to feel it. Tough business.

4 minutes ago, nsw said:

I've always wondered how the trade deadline affects players mentally. I would imagine it is very unsettling, especially on our team with the logjam of talent at AAA. Mullins/Urias/Mounty have to feel it. Tough business.

I mean....not really lol.  They get paid $millions to play a game.   That being said they are human and everything is relative.  But still.

And wow does GH suck right now.  He is killing this team. 

7 minutes ago, nsw said:

I hope there is some reason for this. Certainly possible. Hard not to think about that. 

13 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

That error is 100% on GH.  Urias just had to move back 10 feet or so from his position to make an easy play.

Instead GH goes back AND over 20 feet from his position to make a play and from what I can tell never said a word to Urias.   Maybe one yell?  And then interfered with Urias's ability to make the play.

I have NO IDEA what is going on with GH but wow is he in a slump.  Hitting.  Fielding.  And mentally. 

That being said Urias should have had that last ground ball.  It is like this team has no energy.  Both physically and mentally.

This is not true. That play was a can of corn for either of them, but A short stop getting behind the ball and coming forward is easier than a backpedaling 3B. 

And regardless , short stop takes precedence on any ball like that just like CF should. He definitely “called” for it with his arms, not sure what he did vocally, we wouldn’t know from the camera feed. But if he did call for it, it’s his ball 100 times out of 100. If he didn’t call for it then that’s his fault and he needs to yell.

• Upvote 2