July 27th vs. San Diego

nevadaO

5 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

Beg your pardon, but this is Hyde’s fault. He makes the decisions, he ignores trends in favor of history and matchups, he refuses to sit guys who are slumping, he insists on bringing Kimbrel in to fail again a day after he threw 28 pitches and failed, he’s the guy not addressing fundamentals with his coaching staff. 
 He may or may not be yelling at GH about his sloppy play, but GH sure doesn’t GAF, because his sloppy play has been going on for quite a while.

Hyde’s not making the plays, but he is the guy not dealing with issues that have been significant for much of the season. It’s his job to address them. 
When the entire team is slumping the same way, bad pitching from everyone, bad hitting from everyone, bad baserunning, bad defense, and for a stretch of several weeks, it’s on the manager and coaching staff.

THIS.  Been trying to say that but those 403s...

5 minutes ago, accinfo said:

He called him off.  I heard him sitting 2 rows behind the Padres dugout.  He also waived his hands.  That was 100% on Urias.

Well there you go. As I said previously, There is no way for anyone watching on TV to hear what Gunnar did Verbally. But confirmation that he called him off right here. And then the BS ramon Oley error the next inning. Dean shouldve had a shutout. 

10 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

Beg your pardon, but this is Hyde’s fault. He makes the decisions, he ignores trends in favor of history and matchups, he refuses to sit guys who are slumping, he insists on bringing Kimbrel in to fail again a day after he threw 28 pitches and failed, he’s the guy not addressing fundamentals with his coaching staff. 
 He may or may not be yelling at GH about his sloppy play, but GH sure doesn’t GAF, because his sloppy play has been going on for quite a while.

Hyde’s not making the plays, but he is the guy not dealing with issues that have been significant for much of the season. It’s his job to address them. 
When the entire team is slumping the same way, bad pitching from everyone, bad hitting from everyone, bad baserunning, bad defense, and for a stretch of several weeks, it’s on the manager and coaching staff.

Give evidence of this before you make a grand proclamation like that. Your "eye test" is not evidence. Tell us all what Hyde and his coaches haven't done, show us they've done nothing at all before you make such ridiculous statements as if they are fact.  The players are talented, you don't want to blame them so you are putting it on Hyde.

Edited by Malike
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

In hindsight. Agree with you.  Too passive and not addressing what’s happening behind the scenes.

Just now, Malike said:

Give evidence of this before you make a grand proclamation like that. Your "eye test" is not evidence. Tell us all what Hyde and his coaches haven't done, show us they've done nothing at all before you make such ridiculous statements as if they are fact. The players are talented, you don't want to blame them so you are putting it on Hyde.

Now you are ruining my ignore list!!😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

At this point I have to start saying it is either something the manager is doing that the players don't like, or the rumors of clubhouse dissension from the vets is putting a pall over the entire team. 

Because there are slumps....and then there is just bad play.  And we are getting horrible play. 

They just don't seem focused at all. 

I bet someone slept with O’Hearn’s wife. I mean who wouldn’t?

One hit.  One hit.  What a bunch of losers.  

Adley has not been good since his CANADIAN girlfriend said she was Birdwatching.  He has no power or energy.  He needs to save his essence in the regular season.  

Hyde does not do much for me as a manager.  He is white bread.  He is bland.  He just lays there.  Nothing about him is special.  These punk kids need a drill sergant. 

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

Adley has not been good since his CANADIAN girlfriend said she was Birdwatching.  He has no power or energy.  He needs to save his essence in the regular season.  

Hyde does not do much for me as a manager.  He is white bread.  He is bland.  He just lays there.  Nothing about him is special.  These punk kids need a drill sergant. 

The days of Earl Weaver and Billy Martin are long gone.  

27 minutes ago, accinfo said:

He called him off.  I heard him sitting 2 rows behind the Padres dugout.  He also waived his hands.  That was 100% on Urias.

My point is GH should have never been over there in the first place. I am not sure how people don't get this?

GH's mental and physical game is shot right now.  He makes bad throws.  Tries to one hand balls he can get in front of.  And is now roaming over 30 feet from his position to call off a player who had to move all of 10 feet from his position.

You can say GH called him off.  The point is he never should have been in a position to call off a player who is in his lane and can't even see him. 
Cmon.

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

9 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

image.thumb.jpeg.03099c2ecb5d7f70fbea80a0551336ea.jpeg

Damn I'm glad I missed most of this one.

Followed the first 5 innings on my phone, checking in every once in a while.   Then I had a 45 minute drive home and had to listen to Arnold and Hollander full of happy talk.   They encouraged listeners to write in with positive thoughts and were reading them on the air.   In between that lollipop garbage they would occasionally do play by play and Manny would hit 3-run HR or Irvin would give up hits.     This team is playing like garbage and they think people want to hear that shit.   Eff them.

Get home and Melanie on the TV and talks about how Manny Machado qualified for his 1000th RBI  today.   Qualified?  Who the hell says that?   He got his 1000th RBI, or he earned his 1000th RBI.   Qualified?   Jesus, she has to phrase everything in an oddball way.   It's bizarre.

The play of this team is frustrating enough, just following them is frustrating and raising my blood pressure.   Having to wade through the yammerings of idiot announcers just to find out what's happening is just icing on the cake.

[And then the icing on top of the icing on the cake of frustration is having to suffer through 403 errors trying to vent in the game thread.   403, 403, 403, 403, 403, 403, 403...]

8 minutes ago, Malike said:

Give evidence of this before you make a grand proclamation like that. Your "eye test" is not evidence. Tell us all what Hyde and his coaches haven't done, show us they've done nothing at all before you make such ridiculous statements as if they are fact.  The players are talented, you don't want to blame them so you are putting it on Hyde.

As I said clearly, I don’t know whether Hyde is yelling at the guys or not. I don’t know what he is doing or not, but  NOTHING HAS CHANGED. 

Of course I’m not a fly on the wall, but nothing has changed, which means whatever Hyde is doing or not isn’t working. The sloppy play in all aspects of the game is obvious to all, and it has been going on for several weeks. This isn’t a brief slump, but a serious lapse in fundamentals, and the coaching staff is supposed to deal with that.

I don’t know what is being done anymore than you or anyone else, but we all can see that whatever is being done isn’t working, and hasn’t for a long time.

Someone pointed out that the Os hadn’t been swept in over two years and have now been swept four times in a month.