7/29 Eflin debut vs Toronto in game one of DH

Tony-OH

In his comments, Eflin says that he was kept informed about “the situation“ so presumably he knew he was probably gonna be traded and they kept him at least partially advised on what was going on. Is that common procedure or is that unique to Tampa or do we know?

10 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

I think Gunnar's let his press clippings get to his head. He's been bad for weeks now. I also think his arm is surprising inaccurate at times. 

Come on.  He hasn’t been bad for weeks and nothing has “gone to his head”.  The only thing he is guilty of is trying to hard.  He is a 23 year old in his second season.  The guy goes 100% every play.  Sometimes he tries to do things no one is capable of.  I will take as many more players like him as I can get.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Akin up in pen 

I was just about to ask, since Eflin is > 90.

Would be nice if we could finish this off with just 1 reliever.   We used some pen yesterday and have a whole nother game, with a starter that might not go deep.

This is not recency bias from his nice weekend at the plate: do not trade Cedric Mullins. His defense in CF is elite, and will serve us well over the next 3 months. Cowser is a nice OFer defensively, but we need him to cover our enormous LF.

5 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Akin up in pen 

Pretty clear he's in a slump and it's affecting his defense too. He needs a day off but sho plays SS with Mateo out? Westburg could but that would be some shaky defense up the middle with Westburg and Norby.