07/29 - vs Toronto - Game 2 of DH

nevadaO

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Dunk35 said:

Starting Povich is basically giving up on the game. Just isnt ready for this level. Not sure he ever will be. 

I'm older then most here. I saw Jim Palmer pitch as a rookie in real time. Povich isn't a major league pitcher. When you have low velocity like he does you need good control. He doesn't have that. And he certainly doesn't have swing and miss stuff.

This is why we need another starting pitcher by 6PM tomorrow. Send Povich back down. Put Suarez in the pen.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I've never bothered with gaming headphones, I don't play well with others.

Gaming mode with these just lowers the latency, I'm not going to bother.

Oh, the mic comes out of the Hyper X. I have never taken it out of the box.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

I'm older then most here. I saw Jim Palmer pitch as a rookie in real time. Povich isn't a major league pitcher. When you have low velocity like he does you need good control. He doesn't have that. And he certainly doesn't have swing and miss stuff.

This is why we need another starting pitcher by 6PM tomorrow. Send Povich back down. Put Suarez in the pen.

I understand it's the minor leagues, but you have to take data from somewhere. Povich has an 11.9 K/9 in the MiL. I think he has swing-and-miss stuff, he's always walked people, but K's are not one of the things he's been bad at during his development.

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Yep, the pitching staff has been brutal. Elias needs to acquire more relievers and another starter. If he knew how to draft and develop pitching maybe he'd have some in his system to go to.

The team might need to rethink it's grow the bats and buy the arms strategy if we don't see a couple pitchers added tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Can't wait to see what Webb does with this mess the way he's been pitching lately

Huh?  He has given up 6 hits in his last 10 innings.  He did give up a homer the last time but he has been solid the last month.