Eloy Jimenez aquired

eddie83

58 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Picking up Eloy was a reasonable idea at the time, and we didn't give up much to get him.  But here are the results:  

29 G, 87 AB, 22 H, 1 HR, 7 RBI, 4 BB, 21K, .253/.293/.345/.638.  

And he started off hot with the O's.  He's slashing .167/.231/.271 over his last 15 games.  

He's the first position player that should go as soon as anyone is ready to come off the DL.  I'd rather have Heston Kjerstad in the lineup than Eloy, even if we are facing a LHP.  

Unfortunately he is playing to much and starting to get exposed.  He was playing better when they could pick the spots to use him with good matchups.  Now with Mountcastle and Urias out he is one of few right handed bats they have and no one is doing anything to show they should take at bats from him.  Mayo has been inept, Rivera has been ok but he is having to play the field with Mayo and Holiday lost at plate.  

9 minutes ago, Allan Bryant said:

Will the Orioles exercise their club option on Eloy ? Or will they buy him out ?   To me , it’s looking like the latter .

I think the question is whether he makes it through the end of 2024 with the club.  He cannot play the field or run the bases and he's not hitting at this point either.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, jdwilde1 said:

I think the question is whether he makes it through the end of 2024 with the club.  He cannot play the field or run the bases and he's not hitting at this point either.

Yeah , so that’s why I’m not sure he’s a 16 million dollar player either