Jimenez, Rogers and Slater activated, Soto recalled. Kjerstad and Akin optioned, Pache DFA'd, Westburg to IL

MurphDogg

59 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Credit to you for scouting the Mexican League.   No one else wanted to.

I don't scout it.  I just watch some of his videos. 

One, he is super hungry to get back into MLB.  Which is worth a lot.

Two, he got screwed.

Three, and most importantly. He is throwing it very well. 

1 hour ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I am sure I will get roasted for this, again, but Trevor Bauer is killing it in the Mexican league.  And believe it or not there are a lot of former major leaguers who play there.   I am particularly impressed by the infielders that play in that league.  They make everything look effortless.  I would say some of them would be either GG or near GG in the majors.  They obviously just can't hit enough. 

Anyway he is first in wins at 10-0.  First in strikeouts.  2nd in ERA. 

You can't tell me he wouldn't have been better than some of the guys we got at the deadline.

Are you at all concerned about him missing several weeks? And then returning just long enough to get absolutely bombed by Conspiradores de Queretaro last week (2.1 IP, 7 ERs), before leaving with an injury?

45 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Let's just sign the guy who is first in ERA. Zac Grotz. Two years younger.

If he has a history of being a quality pitcher in MLB?  I would be all for that.  But he really doesn't. 

BTW lets not forget TB is video taping all of his pitches.  In other words he comments on the mound with a mic in between pitches.  I assume to help his youtube channel.   In the majors he would not be doing that. 

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Are you at all concerned about him missing several weeks? And then returning just long enough to get absolutely bombed by Conspiradores de Queretaro last week (2.1 IP, 7 ERs), before leaving with an injury?

In the Mexican league?  I haven't seen that.  He is 10-0 and has a 2.48 Era.

Snell with a no hitter tonight.  This is why you trade for elite and not scrubs. 

Elias should not get away unscathed imo for his lack of trading for playoff elite players the past 2 years.  Instead he has wasted players on...nothingness. 

All imo. 

4 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Snell with a no hitter tonight.  This is why you trade for elite and not scrubs. 

Elias should not get away unscathed imo for his lack of trading for playoff elite players the past 2 years.  Instead he has wasted players on...nothingness. 

All imo. 

We don’t know that Snell was truly available. Eflin was the best starting pitcher dealt. 

5 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

In the Mexican league?  I haven't seen that.  He is 10-0 and has a 2.48 Era.

Yeah…it was this past Friday. Here’s the box score/game summary if you want to check it out. 

https://www.milb.com/gameday/conspiradores-vs-diablos-rojos/2024/07/26/770200/final/summary/all

He typically pitches on Fridays, but Diablos Rojos didn’t have a game tonight, so it’s tough to say at the moment whether he’s going to miss even more time.

41 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Yeah…it was this past Friday. Here’s the box score/game summary if you want to check it out. 

https://www.milb.com/gameday/conspiradores-vs-diablos-rojos/2024/07/26/770200/final/summary/all

He typically pitches on Fridays, but Diablos Rojos didn’t have a game tonight, so it’s tough to say at the moment whether he’s going to miss even more time.

Yeah I keep trying to find the stats from that game and I can't.  I have clicked all over that link (that is the one I use as well) and can't get to a box score.

Looks like he hasn't posted a video about it either.   Yet.

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

We don’t know that Snell was truly available. Eflin was the best starting pitcher dealt. 

I am sure there was a price to get one of the top guys.  Just no one wanted to pay it.  Who knows what that really is.  Maybe this off season will be a little more reasonable. 

18 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Yeah I keep trying to find the stats from that game and I can't.  I have clicked all over that link (that is the one I use as well) and can't get to a box score.

Looks like he hasn't posted a video about it either.   Yet.

That’s strange. Try this one. This should take you directly to the box score. You may still have to click on Diablos Rojos to switch to their box. 

https://www.milb.com/gameday/conspiradores-vs-diablos-rojos/2024/07/26/770200/final/box

For now, here’s a screen capture of the pitching lines for Diablos Rojos from that game:

IMG_3810.thumb.jpeg.1e2e7ae855a4d4b444fc2b72b2c26c2d.jpeg

On 8/1/2024 at 1:30 PM, Just Regular said:

I am tempted to say it is almost 50/50 Kjerstad will be regulated to under 130 at-bats entering 2025.

He is at 99.

Cowser, Mullins, Santander, O'Hearn and Mountcastle are ahead of him on the depth chart at all the positions, even against RHP.

ROY eligibility is also days on roster which is 45.  I'm almost sure he has exceeded that.

2 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

All imo. 

Snell was not traded, so there's that. Bauer who cares He's Blacklisted.

1 hour ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I am sure there was a price to get one of the top guys.  Just no one wanted to pay it.  Who knows what that really is.  Maybe this off season will be a little more reasonable. 

For skenes if the price was multiple Big 3, if not all , you would do that? There was a Super Bowl winning coach about 25 years ago that traded his entire catalog of draft picks for one, his name was Ricky Williams, good stuff

3 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

So if no one wanted to pay it what does that tell you. I could understand if Skubal and Crochet had been dealt.  Can you honestly say you’d be happy seeing 2 of Holliday, Basallo, and Mayo be dealt? 

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

That’s strange. Try this one. This should take you directly to the box score. You may still have to click on Diablos Rojos to switch to their box. 

https://www.milb.com/gameday/conspiradores-vs-diablos-rojos/2024/07/26/770200/final/box

For now, here’s a screen capture of the pitching lines for Diablos Rojos from that game:

IMG_3810.thumb.jpeg.1e2e7ae855a4d4b444fc2b72b2c26c2d.jpeg

There we go that worked.  Thanks.  You're right he was terrible that game.  Wonder if he will make a video on it.