Aug 1 @ Cleveland

3 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

They pitched their worst starter and arguably now their 3 worst relievers, but the pitching just absolutely needs to be better. They upgraded the 5th starter spot and slid some pen guys to lower leverage roles - they need to perform better than the guys they are replacing did because those are the guys that were really hurting them. 

Also, the offense has not hit with RISP recently against anyone besides Toronto. Need to get big hits in important situations even against good pitching. Cleveland is 4-8 today with 3 home runs. Baltimore is 1-7. That is literally the difference in the game. 

The O's pitching has to be better to win games.  The O's and any other team, aren't going to win many games giving up 10 runs.

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I'll repeat and it's obvious. 2 year control in a contract means nothing if the player is lousy. Its too early to say that about Rogers of course, but even 2 years of mediocrity doesnt make the "control" worth it.

It's like a buy one, get one free deal on crappy pizza

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

Mountcastle needs to stop swinging at crap in the dirt. Its laughably predictable.

For a while there, it looked like he was turning a corner with his pitch discernment and was laying off that pitch.   I guess muscle memory has kicked back in. 

54 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I'll repeat and it's obvious. 2 year control in a contract means nothing if the player is lousy. Its too early to say that about Rogers of course, but even 2 years of mediocrity doesnt make the "control" worth it.

I said this myself tonight and I said it the other day when they acquire him. Team control is great when you are acquiring someone like Burns if he had that or if they had gotten Skubal.  This guy we could be hoping he was just a rental if ends up terrible. 

55 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

So glad I went to work out and not watch this dumpster fire.

Rogers sucks Suarez sucks Webb sucks.. so much for those awesome acquisitions Mike

Yeah only one game I get it  but damn so much for hoping Suarez was going to be this really good reliever.  Webb hasn't been all that good of late either.