I want to say this about Coby Mayo (All Inclusive)

19 minutes ago, O's84 said:

I heard Roy's words influenced Elias to make the move.

Edit: I see now that Malike beat me to the punch.

Roy texted and called Elias about 500 times.  It was either this or get a restraining order on Roy.

• Haha 3

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

I know you are being sarcastic, and maybe he will struggle...but the kid earned this call up and if given time I think he will deliver.I think he has the talent to do that. He's on the first plane to Cleveland tomorrow...I hope he gets to play..Im thrilled for the kid. He is a great, great kid.

I hope he gets to play too. I also hope the people here are kinder to him than they were Jackson Holliday if he starts out rough.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

What does that matter?  Is anyone he replaces going to be better?

I would rather have him go 1-20 and learn at the MLB level so he can get experience and help in 30 days and for YEARS ahead rather than have a scrub who we just traded for, like a Jiminez or a Soto, do the the same 1 for 20 and who will be lucky to make it on this team past the end of the year.

Seriously?  You have a lot of bad takes but this may be your worst ever.  It really is time for you Elias apologists to stop.

Just stop. 

dude you make like 500 threads about wanting to trade Mayo for all the future tommy johns of the league lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

Wonder what the corresponding move is. You would think injury no? Like they would’ve just promoted him yesterday or earlier today if not. 

I'm predicting Livan Soto is sent back down.  The rationale for having Soto up is that you need a backup SS, but Holliday can back up at SS and Urias can back up at 2B while Mayo can play 3B.    

34 minutes ago, Malike said:

Elias probably read the other thread that Roy started and didn't want to hurt Mayo's feelings so is bringing him up so he isn't bitter toward the organization.

Ha! Good one Malike...Seriously, Im sure he'll struggle at first, but give him time. He can really rake.

• Upvote 1