An OH staple is going on hiatus

Frobby

I feel like in the last 3 years there has been one thread after another clamoring to call up the latest hot prospect.  It started with Adley of course, but it’s been a constant drumbeat with Grayson, with Gunnar, with Westburg, with Cowser, with Norby, with Kjerstad, with Holliday, and of course, Mayo.

With Mayo’s call-up, there’s no real hot prospect who’s arguably ready to debut in the majors.   Sure, you’ve got Kjerstad back in AAA now, but it’s not like we haven’t seen the guy.  We all know he’ll be up again at some point.  

Honestly, I’m quite ready to have a break from those threads.   Sometime next year we’ll probably be seeing threads demanding to “Free Basallo!”  But probably not until July.   Meanwhile, we can focus on the young players already in the majors.  

• Upvote 3

I was worried this was an announcement of your hiatus.  I agree it will be nice to focus on all of these guys in the majors for a bit rather than clamoring for the next big promotion.  Let's go win a bunch of games these next three months. 

• Upvote 2

Well, the situation kinda dictated that this needed to happen.  Hopefully everyone stays healthy and productive and there won't be a need for a thread like that for a while. 

The new theme will be,  "how long before so and so gets sent down because they're clearly over matched"?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, OriolesUpAndDowns said:

Doubtful.  Bradfield will finish hot in Bowie then start strong in Norfolk next year.  Mullins will struggle and everyone will be calling for him to be called up.

Thats my prediction. 

There’s no chance Bradfield starts the year in Norfolk next year.    ZERO.

15 hours ago, Frobby said:

I feel like in the last 3 years there has been one thread after another clamoring to call up the latest hot prospect.  It started with Adley of course, but it’s been a constant drumbeat with Grayson, with Gunnar, with Westburg, with Cowser, with Norby, with Kjerstad, with Holliday, and of course, Mayo.

With Mayo’s call-up, there’s no real hot prospect who’s arguably ready to debut in the majors.   Sure, you’ve got Kjerstad back in AAA now, but it’s not like we haven’t seen the guy.  We all know he’ll be up again at some point.  

Honestly, I’m quite ready to have a break from those threads.   Sometime next year we’ll probably be seeing threads demanding to “Free Basallo!”  But probably not until July.   Meanwhile, we can focus on the young players already in the majors.  

Good Post. Was thinking the same thing. 

Basallo is the next position prospect. Kjerstad is also back down too. 

They guys are up here. Now all we gotta do is just to win. 

If Basallo continues on his current trajectory he will certainly be next on the "CALL UP BASALLO" OH trend. Next July/August we will be clamoring for this to happen. Based on him playing catcher, I would guess if all goes well, his best case scenerio is Sept call up 2025 (for his bat), and a 2026 real debut as Adleys backup/1B/DH