8/4 @ Cleveland, Burnes vs Williams

SilverRocket

3 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Burnes is one of the top pitchers in the league, but he's not worth the contract someone is going to give him. He looks kind of out of shape and I can't recall a real gem from him this year (I am sure there were, but I just don't recall).

Most consistent pitcher in the league outside of Skenes right now. Lowesr ERA in the AL. Just leaving that right there. He is going to get a massive contract and give a team a very good chance to win every 5th day and 2-3 times a seven game series in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Coby will get a lot of leeway from Roy.   He wasn't very harsh on Mayo when he failed in his sac fly opportunity earlier in the game.   He would have been a lot harsher with most other players.

You can tell he is already pressing.  Swinging at bad pitches.  His first game he walked twice and was much more patient.   Once he gets that first hit it should help him out a lot. 

6 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Burnes is one of the top pitchers in the league, but he's not worth the contract someone is going to give him. He looks kind of out of shape and I can't recall a real gem from him this year (I am sure there were, but I just don't recall).

Usually these guys go to whoever pays them the most.  I will say that if we win the World Series and he sits down with the Orioles and we pony up a respectable offer he might sign with the Orioles just to be on a young team that has a great chance to win for the next half decade.  Unlikely but it is possible he would resign with us.  If we are close to the big offers it might be hard to totally ignore us.  

2 minutes ago, GoldGlove21 said:

Most consistent pitcher in the league outside of Skenes right now. Lowesr ERA in the AL. Just leaving that right there. He is going to get a massive contract and give a team a very good chance to win every 5th day and 2-3 times a seven game series in the playoffs.

I said he is one of the top pitchers in the league. Do you disagree with anything I wrote?

Not a big fan of the way Holliday catches those pop ups. Off to the side and low.    I am sure he has done that for a  long time and is used to it but to me it leaves a lot of potential for an error rather than staying directly under the ball and catching it in front of your face like you are taught.  

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

3 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Usually these guys go to whoever pays them the most.  I will say that if we win the World Series and he sits down with the Orioles and we pony up a respectable offer he might sign with the Orioles just to be on a young team that has a great chance to win for the next half decade.  Unlikely but it is possible he would resign with us.  If we are close to the big offers it might be hard to totally ignore us.  

A lot of teams will offer some big deals. He will go wherever he Wife wants to live as long as the team is a winning organization.