8/06 @ Toronto (Cito still sucks)

2 minutes ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

This will be the game we all remember when the real collapse started and the season went off the rails. Completely expect to get swept and look just as inept the next 2 games and probably in Tampa too.

That was the point I was trying to make earlier but I think you said it better 

4 minutes ago, Spakman said:

Just swinging praying that he gets a strike so we can get a hit. I can’t believe they didn’t fix that batting stance. He’s gonna have a hard time catching up to pitches from major league pitchers without just plain guessing.

As bad as JH looked in AAA?   CM looks worse.  I didn't think it was possible. 

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

Mayo might not be a great 3B, but if he’s up here for his bat, you don’t leave Urias in there when he’s awful against lefties in an absolutely crucial spot. That’s effectively the ballgame.

You don’t get it. Holiday was out of game. You can’t hit for Urias there. 

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

He couldn’t hit for Urias. Who plays the infield? McCann?

Leave Holliday in, PH Mayo for Urias. Mayo plays 3B. Yeah, he stinks there. But you gotta play him sometime otherwise he’s an over glorified unproven DH. Just send him down then.

10 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

So his entire career is his Orioles performance and not prior. 

ok. I’ll move on. 

I understand the point you’re making, but the other point is valid. And the other point is that since coming here he has been literally 100% useless.
And it is stupid with a capital S to put him into a high leverage situation, up one to nothing, with one single hit in six innings, against a guy who is having a career day, and expect success.

It is not logical. It is not reasonable. It is not intelligent. and it’s not “hindsight is 2020,” either.

It was absolutely correct to expect exactly what happened to happen.

Soto may be splendid, but he hasn’t been and when you’ve had two dreadful outings, no one should expect you to suddenly be different.

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

By a landslide in my opinion. Just classic over managing.

Nobody will ask him about it.

He had a choice to hit for Holiday or not. It worked. 

That meant he couldn’t hit for Urias and Mayo had to come in. So does he hit for Cowser with Mayo or not? He decided he liked the matchup. Didn’t work. 

4 minutes ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

This will be the game we all remember when the real collapse started and the season went off the rails. Completely expect to get swept and look just as inept the next 2 games and probably in Tampa too.

If we lose Grayson for the season, and we likely will...this team doesn't make it past the first round if  it even makes the playoffs...

10 minutes ago, iiiput said:

Just horrible decisions. LHP who lefties hit well and we yank 2 of our best hitter. One of which is on a 17 game hitting streak and we yanked him for a kid who doesn’t have an MLB hit. This team could be better with a different manager. Time to move on

I will say it again.

Hyde has no feel for the game.  He was a good placard for when the Os were horrible to now.

But he is a HORRIBLE manager trying to get a team to the next level. 

Please get rid of him. 

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

3 minutes ago, capyy said:

i don't think i've ever questioned hyde, but that was clearly an awful series of moves. everyone makes mistakes and that sure was one big mistake.

Please someone explain why you would sub Cowser, the hottest hitter right now, with a kid who has yet to have his first MLB hit?

2 minutes ago, capyy said:

i don't think i've ever questioned hyde, but that was clearly an awful series of moves. everyone makes mistakes and that sure was one big mistake.