8/06 @ Toronto (Cito still sucks)

5 minutes ago, Winter said:

all i know is if Mayo isn’t going to play everyday over Urias then he should be in AAA, yes there is zero reason to do to Mayo what they’ve done to Kjerstad all year. 

Then I guess it’s back to AAA, because at present, he isn’t close to good enough to just get blindly handed everyday starting duties over an actual capable MLB 3B.

Holliday is your 2B the rest of the year and future. He’s not a platoon player. Cowser is your CF. He’s not a platoon player. This isn’t O’Hearn and Mounty.

God, please somebody with some critical questions talk to Hyde. What a joke.

just because the slater move "worked" doesn't mean it was the right move. a good manager plans past the current at bat. what he did swaps holliday for mayo and let urias hit. none of that makes sense. 

Just now, capyy said:

just because the slater move "worked" doesn't mean it was the right move. a good manager plans past the current at bat. what he did swaps holliday for mayo and let urias hit. none of that makes sense. 

“Worked” is right. Pretty sure the pitcher threw 7 straight balls. 

Just now, e16bball said:

Then I guess it’s back to AAA, because at present, he isn’t close to good enough to just get blindly handed everyday starting duties over an actual capable MLB 3B.

Thanks for repeating what i said by typing it up with different terminology. 

Just now, terpoh said:

“Worked” is right. Pretty sure the pitcher threw 7 straight balls. 

and holliday may have hit the one closest to the zone over the fence the kid is crushing the ball every at bat. there's no reason to remove him from the game at any point until he does something else. 

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Who in the hell plays the other infield spot? 

Huh?  Again, I don't hit for Holliday, so he's still at 2nd.  Mayo hits for Urias and replaces him at 3rd.  Not complicated.  But yes, once you pull Holliday it's then complicated to hit for Urias without have some really screwed up situations in the infield.  Another reason why hitting for Holliday shouldn't have happened.

I didn't have that much of an issue of Hyde bringing in Soto.  It was certainly a risk, but I get why he did it.

But I don't get pinch hitting for Holliday, and how it forced Mayo to pinch hit for Cowser.  I hope it's just one bad day at the office.  Hyde looks pretty bad right now.  Should be an interesting press conference after the game.