8/10 @ Tampa Bay (Game is on Fox tonight)

2 minutes ago, casadeozo said:

I guess I would argue if you are trying to win every game, Urias and Slater are not giving you the best chance to win.

I have no problem with Urias when Mayo is sucking and both are RH. I don't like Mullins and Slater together with the opener because not having a defensive guy kind of limits what you can do with pinch hitters. Honestly I wish we would use openers more, it does create some problems for the opposing team

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

I think hes a mediocre player and a decent first baseman...easily replaceable...

I agree. I think we try to move him in the off season. Santander (if we resign), Ohearn, Mayo can play first. Maybe even Heston. 13 homers is poor

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

I cant believe they are going with Austin Slater...what a pathetic bottom three of our lineup...

I liked all Elias moves except not getting a quality right handed outfielder to play center or left vs lefty.  It was a clear need that he skipped on.  

2 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Does Burnes feel like he's pitching at about 90% effort most of the time?  Maybe that's why he's stayed so healthy.  He only goes all out once in a while, when he gets in trouble, vs a lot of other guys who are pitching max velocity vs every hitter.  It just seems like Burnes is a guy who can give you 6 innings/2 or 3 runs every time out w/o stressing himself.  Skubal is more likely to be a guy who will give you 7 or even 8 shutout evenings but also have an outing where here can't go 4 innings and gives up 5 runs, just my take.

I remember Jake Arrieta never looked like he was straining or stressed, he looked like he was throwing the ball about 30 miles an hour, and he looked like he could’ve done it all day. I always thought he was pretty amazing.

1 minute ago, TopGunnar said:

I agree. I think we try to move him in the off season. Santander (if we resign), Ohearn, Mayo can play first. Maybe even Heston. 13 homers is poor

What evidence is there that Coby can handle 1B? I’m not saying down the road he can’t but now?