Breaking News

Peace21

I would expect PA to be aware of the Wieters and Arrieta offers.

They both bust through slot and will both involve a call from the commissioner's office.

Making a waiver claim or siging someone like Cabrera is highly unlikely to needs PA's consent, IMO. This kind of move is in the ordinary course of running a team and I expect that as long as these moves are no budget-busters that they are unlikely to require an owners approval.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My source has told me that Wieters is a done deal, and that he has signed to a big league deal. Take it for what its worth. The O's and Wieters are keeping it hush hush he said.

Go O's

I hate to question the guys with sources but, has you source said anything else about this?? Seems like he was off by a mile.

My bad, I thought we had him. But like BB has said today, its really embarrasing to see the way the club is handling these negotiations. The kid deserves what he wants. Give the kid what he wants. The Orioles need Wieters more than Wieters needs the Orioles.

Things change, it happens
Things change?

Hard to go from having signed the contract...to being millions of dollars apart. It would be one thing if you or "your source" had said it was close...but flat out saying it was signed was either a blatant lie by the "source" or complete fabrication on your part.

Things change?

Hard to go from having signed the contract...to being millions of dollars apart. It would be one thing if you or "your source" had said it was close...but flat out saying it was signed was either a blatant lie by the "source" or complete fabrication on your part.

True enough.

Things change?

Nope he said it was a done deal. An hes an agent. But like iev said since Saturday, everytime I have spoken to him since he told me that, he hasnt changed his stance. He hasnt said "oops it changed and that its not close."Why would I lie to you all. Im just sharing something I was told from a reliable source.

My bad, I thought we had him. But like BB has said today, its really embarrasing to see the way the club is handling these negotiations. The kid deserves what he wants. Give the kid what he wants. The Orioles need Wieters more than Wieters needs the Orioles.

You have no idea how the club is handling the negotiations. :confused:

They are ongoing. To say you are "embarrassed" is going to look pretty silly if they announce in a few hours that he is signed.

You claim your "source" is an agent. How would he know what Boras is up too ?

Boras, of all agents, doesn't "gossip" with other agents. I bet his staff knows better too.

McPhail also keeps his cards close to the vests. That is what "professionals" do.

Loose lips sink ships.

Im not saying anything, I still am confident it will get done, but if it doesnt than all I can say is it wasnt meant to be and things changed.

I still have some confidence it will get done. It seems like they are playing a chess game, waiting for the next move. I just hope it gets done. This would be a big step in the right direction for the organization and also it would show other free agents and our upcoming free agents that we are ready to start winning again.

You have no idea how the club is handling the negotiations. :confused:

They are ongoing. To say you are "embarrassed" is going to look pretty silly if they announce in a few hours that he is signed.

You claim your "source" is an agent. How would he know what Boras is up too ?

Boras, of all agents, doesn't "gossip" with other agents. I bet his staff knows better too.

McPhail also keeps his cards close to the vests. That is what "professionals" do.

Loose lips sink ships.

I mean why wont they offer him what he wants, Wieters deserves it.

I still have some confidence it will get done. It seems like they are playing a chess game, waiting for the next move. I just hope it gets done. This would be a big step in the right direction for the organization and also it would show other free agents and our upcoming free agents that we are ready to start winning again.

What is sad is I want to know how Joe Jordan feels about all this. I wonder what he would say off the record about all this.

Archived