8/16 - Red Sox vs. Orioles

86this

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

I'm sure there are stats that say the Orioles are in the top third with SAC FLIES. But with my eyes, OVER AND OVER again(yes McCann had one tonight) ...I see we seem to fail to get the runner home with a SAC FLY...Its really frustrating to watch...

They are 5th in OPS with runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

I'm sure there are stats that say the Orioles are in the top third with SAC FLIES. But with my eyes, OVER AND OVER again(yes McCann had one tonight) ...I see we seem to fail to get the runner home with a SAC FLY...Its really frustrating to watch...

The two situations we suck at are:

Leadoff runner on second 

Man on 3rd with less than two outs.  

2 minutes ago, EnochRoot said:

I'm not acting like anything. I'm simply saying the Sox orchestrated a play where Devers dekes a steal, the second baseman vacates his position, and Wong executes a perfect inside-out swing to the right side of the infield (on the first pitch of the AB (pitch was middle-middle)). The Sox went up there with a plan and it worked perfectly. The fact Burnes gave up a three run shot was really the cherry on top of it all. 

I guess it was a well planned play that worked.  Holliday needs to be told that Burnes doesn't care about stolen bases.  Stolen base % has to be like 85 or 90% against Burnes.  Any speedy guy, the stolen base is pretty much a given.  If Burnes had had a regular off night and given up say 3 runs in 5 innings, this would be going in the win column.  This is so unlike any of his other starts.