If GRod, Coulombe, and Westburg are back by the playoffs...

Greg Pappas

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

And who is injured.   I don't think we can count on only players getting healthy from here forward.   Unfortunately players will get hurt as well.

That was a point I was going to make.  So I’m not going to worry about the playoff roster now.  Who’s healthy and playing well when the season ends can’t be known now.  

2 hours ago, Brian88 said:

Pitchers

1. Burnes
  2. Eflin
  3. Grayson
  4. Suarez
  5. Dominguez
  6. Cano
  7. Perez
  8. Coloumbe
  9. Webb
  10. Smith
  11. Kremer
  12. Akin

Hitters

1. Adley
  2. McCann
  3. Mountcastle
  4. O'Hearn
  5. Holliday
  6. Henderson
  7. Westburg
  8. Urias
  9. Cowser
  10. Mullins
  11. Santander
  12. Slater
  13. Kjerstad
  14. Jimenez/Mayo

I’d strongly consider moving Suarez ahead of Grayson in a best of series. 

45 minutes ago, joelala said:

I’d strongly consider moving Suarez ahead of Grayson in a best of series. 

I don’t think I would have the guts to do it. That said GRod could be a nice pen piece. He is too good not to be a SP if he is 100% though. 

• Upvote 1

Keep in mind matchups for who makes the last couple of spots. A team like MIN has a very RH dominant pitching staff. No lefty starters and only 2 lefty pen arms. 

Unless they go on a huge run you can pretty much rule out playing HOU in the WC round if we don’t win the division. Obviously won’t be playing NYY either. Looks like MIN/KC/BOS/CLE.  

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

I don’t think I would have the guts to do it. That said GRod could be a nice pen piece. He is too good not to be a SP if he is 100% though. 

Too physically talented, absolutely. And in the long run it would be absurd to move him to the pen at this stage in his career. But right now he’s so inefficient with his pitches that I think being able to come in and throw 101-102 for an inning and change paired with his offspeed stuff would be a huge weapon for us. Regroup in the winter and hope the experience makes him even hungrier to hone his command.