8/19 @ NY Mets

eddie83

3 minutes ago, Wavetrapper said:

Credit to those two guys  exceptional 

I know it’s crazy but I’m not a fan of closer giving up 9th inning walkoff homers. But that’s me 

Me either but it happens once and while. 

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

You usually aren't trying for a perfect pitch down 3-0. The bigger issue was getting down 3-0, that is on Seranthony for sure.

It was all bad that AB. In that situation, a fastball 3-0 is a cookie. Especially where Alvarez likes them. And he feasts on fastballs. Batting 300 off of them, slugging 500. Last year he slugged 700. lol 

2 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Yeah, and if my mother had balls she’d be my father. But that’s not how these things work.

You’re down 3-0, that’s not a good pitch location called by Adley. Seranthony hit the spot. It’s a bad call. You can look at the scouting reports on Alvarez. The kid can hit dead red especially when he’s waiting on it. It’s not like it was in on his hands or over the zone. Don’t get cute there.

That's exactly how these things work.

Either a pitch is a good pitch or it isn't.

It has nothing to do on what the hitter does.

You can throw a bad pitch and get the out, you can throw a great pitch and get beat.

That wasn't a great 3-0 pitch but it was far from a meatball.

It was a decent 3-0 pitch and he got beat.

1 minute ago, HowAboutThat said:

Back up to what? I thought that lost velocity could not be recovered and his is down 4 mph from his peak three years ago? I think that’s what it was.

First inning he was hitting 93 again. Last game, he was mostly sitting 89 maybe 90 as game went on. That kind of happened to him today as the game went on but not nearly as bad as last outing.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That's exactly how these things work.

Either a pitch is a good pitch or it isn't.

It has nothing to do on what the hitter does.

You can throw a bad pitch and get the out, you can throw a great pitch and get beat.

That wasn't a great 3-0 pitch but it was far from a meatball.

It was a decent 3-0 pitch and he got beat.

He got beat because it was a bad pitch to call 3-0 to a guy that only hits heaters exceptionally well. His bat speed is other worldly. Surely the O’s knew this, and being behind 3-0 is the place to be. Just throw him junk. 

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

For Alvarez, he can’t hit sliders, curves, or changeups. Don’t know why you try to challenge him 3-0 with the only pitch he’s exceptional hitting.

Because he couldn't throw a strike with the slider?

You wanted to walk him there?

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

He got beat because it was a bad pitch to call 3-0 to a guy that only hits heaters exceptionally well. His bat speed is other worldly. Surely the O’s knew this, and being behind 3-0 is the place to be. Just throw him junk. 

So you wanted to walk him.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Because he couldn't throw a strike with the slider?

You wanted to walk him there?

Instead of giving him a cookie? Hell yeah with the bottom of the Mets lineup which is abysmal coming up. Didn’t have issues throwing a slider for a strike last AB.

And the 2 sliders to Alvarez weren’t even awful.

Edited by LookitsPuck

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So you wanted to walk him.

I wanted him not to throw the only pitch that Alvarez can clobber 3-0. If he walks, so be it. It’s Tyrone Taylor and Harrison Bader coming up. They are terrible.

Edited by LookitsPuck