One Run Here And One Run There Isn't Going To Cut It.

ORIOLE33

I know, Rogers isn't good and the bullpen sucks, but these guys need to figure out a way to start scoring runs. Over the past two months, we have a few crooked number innings. Earlier, this was considered the most feared lineup in baseball. What happened? 

What are you guys talking about?  On the year, the O’s have scored 5.04 runs/game, 3rd in MLB.  Since the all star break, 5.30 runs per game.  In August, 4.71 runs/game. News flash: to they’re not going to score 5+ runs all the time.  

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What are you guys talking about?  On the year, the O’s have scored 5.04 runs/game, 3rd in MLB.  Since the all star break, 5.30 runs per game.  In August, 4.71 runs/game. News flash: to they’re not going to score 5+ runs all the time.  

As others have pointed out, we have eyes. If you don't think this offense isn't struggling, I don't know what to say. This is not the same offense we saw earlier in the season. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

As others have pointed out, we have eyes. If you don't think this offense isn't struggling, I don't know what to say. This is not the same offense we saw earlier in the season. 

I think the offense is better than last year, the difference is they are not as good in close and late games.  The O's offense last year always seemed to come thru when needed, or at least the majority of the time.  So they were winning a lot of 5-4, 4-3 etc games.  This year, the team is losing the same games but overall scoring more runs.  For example, win a game, 8-2, and then lose a game 4-3.  So the O's are scoring extra add on runs but not getting more wins.

42 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

I know, Rogers isn't good and the bullpen sucks, but these guys need to figure out a way to start scoring runs. Over the past two months, we have a few crooked number innings. Earlier, this was considered the most feared lineup in baseball. What happened? 

Peterson is very good, and Edwin Diaz has been himself lately. Butto has also been elite since transferring to the pen. I’ll give the O’s a pass for being lackluster with the bags tonight.

9 minutes ago, O's84 said:

And the umpire was very one sided with his calls.  Kind of hard to hit when pitches way off the plate are called strikes.

He may have slightly favored the Mets, but I thought he was pretty off on both sides. Either way, hard to hit with a zone like that.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

Here's some interesting numbers for you numbers people...

Run differential in the last 50 games:

Orioles: -29

Astros: +68

Ah yes, run differential, that classic offense only stat.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think the runs per game thing is misleading.  A big run output once a week puffs up that average and covers up how anemic this team is the rest of the week 

Next to bullpen ERA, I think it’s one of those statistics that doesn’t mean much

• Upvote 2

To wit- since the all star break, runs allowed in losses have been:

What does that prove? I’m not sure, but I’d be really happy if my team were scoring that and not so happy if they were giving it up.

• Upvote 2