8/23 vs Houston

eddie83

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Sure.  Having additional funds available is a useful resource.  I'd say it's a bit overrated but yea, it's useful. And it's 100% unproductive to whine about the disparity in what owners are willing to spend.
    • There are a lot of fans of Cleveland on the board who routinely reference the hub they do.    To act like payroll doesn’t have an effect on a team’s ability to withstand injuries and that it is not correlated with success is delusional. Yes, the Orioles did a terrible job for years of being competitive with a middling payroll. And they were criticized constantly for it. Yes, the Rays had a very good season last year despite injuries. But in no way does that change the fact that payroll is important and allows teams to get away with more roster mistakes and definitely helps provide depth. Those are facts. 
    • Some guy on the White Sox board is going to win the Nobel Prize for Literature.
    • I implied no such thing.  I was stating that other teams, say the Rays, Brewers, and Guardians, manage the incredible feat of staying competitive with a payroll that is near that of what the Orioles have. I don't see anyone hear talking about how great a job Cleveland does despite their payroll.  Folks here act like the Orioles are perennially last in spending.  The Rays got hit HARD by injuries last year and that terrible crime and still won 99 games.
    • That’s what it seems like you were implying when you said other teams with similar payrolls stay competitive and that’s not excuse. The Orioles have withstood a devastating number of injuries to remain competitive. It’s been ugly, but every time a lot of fans are ready to count them out they win enough to stay in the hunt. 
    • What the heck are you talking about? Where did I say the Orioles were not competitive? 
    • Stay competitive? Have you looked at the Orioles record? You act like they are in last place. They are freaking competitive!    And you’re totally delusional if you don’t see the difference between the Orioles and Dodgers. You’re also delusional if you think the Orioles are not competitive this year. 
  • Popular Contributors