8/25 vs Houston on ESPN 7PM

Tony-OH

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Slater's career OPS is .803 vs LH, .653 vs RH.   Don't be foold by this year's smaller sample size.

Good point.  I don't think more than half a season of data is a small sample size, but yes he once did hit lefties well.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Too bad we missed the swing thanks to this awful Director cutting too late to the pitcher-batter matchup.

Yes, but they're making up for it with their great broadcast crew  😑 BTW Kevin Brown on the ESPN2, but the graphics are too distracting for me.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Kikuchi rebounded nicely after that inning. Gotta get more off him or get to their bullpen before Hader. 

Playing a 4 game series and avoiding Hader would be something. 

Hader hasn't pitched in six days now and I have to think we're going to see him tonight just to get some work in.

Just now, baltfan said:

Hasn’t been mentioned much but Urias has been a more than capable replacement for Westy. Westy is the better player, but while he has been out Urias has been really good. 

Urias is a hell of a ballplayer and clearly is better at the plate and in the field when he’s playing consistently. 

He got ragged on here earlier this year which was unfair. 

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Kikuchi rebounded nicely after that inning. Gotta get more off him or get to their bullpen before Hader. 

Playing a 4 game series and avoiding Hader would be something. 

He's at almost 90 pitches. He won't make it to the 7th

2 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Good point.  I don't think more than half a season of data is a small sample size, but yes he once did hit lefties well.

I'll take the data from the other 90+% of his career at bats over this years

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Urias is a hell of a ballplayer and clearly is better at the plate and in the field when he’s playing consistently. 

He got ragged on here earlier this year which was unfair. 

We really ended up needing him and he has stepped up.