Hyde Hot Seat

Deadwood Fan

Hot seat?   

113 members have voted

1. 1. Is Brandon Hyde on the hot seat?

• Yes
    • No

32 minutes ago, casadeozo said:

Lol this is a take from the 90s. Washington is in danger of being fired solely for constantly airing out his players and buy most is seen as a relic of a bygone era that the game has passed by.

Dusty Baker consistently lost with the best talent.  Until of course the year before he retired. This is the same guy who played hard headedly played a below replacement level catcher in Maldonado instead of a top prospect due to “veteran leadership”.

so no while I don’t love Hyde if these are the options let’s stick with him.

I threw out the names of Ron Washington/Dusty Baker initially as just the type of vet manager that we would go after being as they are the opposite of what we hired with Hyde.

I think Hyde sticks, but it is concerning.  I don't blame him at all.  I think Hyde is one of the better managers in the business, and even Freddi Gonzalez has whatever "fire" that we may perceive that Hyde doesn't have.  

The question is, has Hyde's message gotten stale?  

1 hour ago, casadeozo said:

Lol this is a take from the 90s. Washington is in danger of being fired solely for constantly airing out his players and buy most is seen as a relic of a bygone era that the game has passed by.

Dusty Baker consistently lost with the best talent.  Until of course the year before he retired. This is the same guy who played hard headedly played a below replacement level catcher in Maldonado instead of a top prospect due to “veteran leadership”.

so no while I don’t love Hyde if these are the options let’s stick with him.

Yeah Hyde who's about to blow a big lead for the playoffs Lol. Yeah Dusty who did win a world series title something the Orioles have 't seen In 40 years. Yeah give me that guy. But no worries I think he's happily retired. 

50 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

I’m saying the last 3 months the pitching was a bit worse and the offense was a bit better, but they have not been a good team.

Not giving you a hard time but how has the offense been a little bit  better though? I feel it's every bit as bad now then it's ever been during these 3 months if not even more a little worst then a couple of months ago. 

Edited by Baseball fandom

1 minute ago, Baseball fandom said:

But not giving you a hard time but when has the offense been better though? I feel it's every bit worst has it's been since about late June. Shoot if anything I think it could be even worse now then ever before. 

Overall it was clearly better. They were nearly as frustrating though because they were having 2-3 awful performances mixed in a week with 1-2 very good ones, which made the runs per game look solid even though everyone watching could see something was not right. 

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I threw out the names of Ron Washington/Dusty Baker initially as just the type of vet manager that we would go after being as they are the opposite of what we hired with Hyde.

I think Hyde sticks, but it is concerning.  I don't blame him at all.  I think Hyde is one of the better managers in the business, and even Freddi Gonzalez has whatever "fire" that we may perceive that Hyde doesn't have.  

The question is, has Hyde's message gotten stale?  

I agree maybe a different voice is needed. I like the idea of someone like Mark DeRosa.

12 hours ago, baltfan said:

He thought Holliday, Kjerstad, and Mayo would hit.  One got hurt.  The other two have not.  They and Adley are why this team sucks at the moment. 

I disagree Mayo is one of the reasons the Orioles have not hit well.  Emmanuel Rivera, who has hit well with an .879 OPS since he joined the O's, has gotten the playing time over Mayo.  

1 minute ago, EddeeEddee said:

I disagree Mayo is one of the reasons the Orioles have not hit well.  Emmanuel Rivera, who has hit well with an .879 OPS since he joined the O's, has gotten the playing time over Mayo.  

It’s the quietest 879 in the history of baseball. 

5 minutes ago, baltfan said:

It’s the quietest 879 in the history of baseball. 

He is the only mid season position player acquisition that has consistently hit.  Livan Soto has hit a little bit too but he's hardly played.

Maybe because Rivera is not named Westburg, Mayo or Urias he's a bit resented.  

8 hours ago, Safelykept said:

The BP might be an afterthought, Felix is back, which could make everybody better. Danny, and SA have options, Soto is arb eligible, everybody else is still under team control

We hope and pray Felix is back and in his old form.  I suspect Elias realizes he can't absolutely count on Bautista until Bautista proves he's back to full health for a reasonable period of time.  Elias has to be looking at other power arms in case Bautista needs extra time to recover or get to full strength.  Even if Bautista is at full strength I think this team could use at least one extra power arm.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

We hope and pray Felix is back and in his old form.  I suspect Elias realizes he can't absolutely count on Bautista until Bautista proves he's back to full health for a reasonable period of time.  Elias has to be looking at other power arms in case Bautista needs extra time to recover or get to full strength.  Even if Bautista is at full strength I think this team could use at least one extra power arm.

There’s a number of good relievers in FA this offseason. Should be set with LHP’s in Coulombe, Perez, Soto, and Akin. They’ll also have Dominguez, Cano, Webb, and Bautista. They should still grab another backend piece (likely swapping out Webb or Soto) like you said as a contingency option.

The pen could be a real strength next year with an addition or two and decent health. Dominguez/Cano as your 7th and 8th inning righties with Coulombe as the neutral split set up guy is pretty good.

57 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Felix has proven himself in the show, but early 2025 I think he's in some ways similar to Holliday and Mayo.    Let them play and see what you have.

Seranthony or Soto seem reasonable as a safety valve if necessary, and efficiency demands a club not do ridiculous things like Al Avila did letting Gregory Soto get Saves (sorry, Yennier Cano).     You have to be Felix Bautista good to back them into a corner.

A guess is almost to a man the clubhouse doesn't want any egghead tinkering with Felix's job.    Big guy should be going to try and hug Adley now.

I do think Seranthony and Soto kind of match The Ryans - everybody's heading for ~$7-$8M and I'm not sure whether Elias wants doubles on those terms.