This Year Has Turned Into A Disaster.

ORIOLE33

4 hours ago, e16bball said:

You’re not really allowed to say that.

How guys happen to perform for a couple weeks in October is a matter of their character and personal makeup. It’s not random. How the team fares in those couple weeks is the only meaningful measure of its quality and the competence of those who built it. It’s not random.

After all, aren’t the storylines all the same things we’d talked about all season? No way CLE and PHI could rely on those shaky bullpens. And HOU and MIL were stuck counting on guys like Hader and Williams to shut down games, recipe for disaster. The LAD pitching would obviously outduel SDP when it counted, and the Tigers made the grave error of relying on someone like Skubal in a winner-take-all against Matthew Boyd. The Yankees are winning thanks to the production of the guys at the bottom of their lineup and by far the best closer in the playoffs.

As we all predicted, Bobby Witt, Manny Machado, Luis Arraez, Austin Wells, Josh Naylor are all among the very worst qualified hitters in the playoffs. And expectedly, the best hitters have been guys like Brayan Rocchio, Giancarlo Stanton, Mark Vientos, Jesse Winker, and Kyle Higashioka. And of course, it was basically a dead heat between Dylan Cease and Max Fried for worst SP in the playoffs — and an absolute runaway for Emmanuel Clase as the biggest one-man disaster in the entire playoffs.

What’s random?

And it happens every year. You would almost think people would stop with the choke comments.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• And it happens every year. You would almost think people would stop with the choke comments.
    • I  agree with that  I still wouldn't mind another WR especially if they lose one of the main 3 due to injury. Bateman still scares me but it would be very nice if he's finally living up to his first round billing. What safety or pass rusher are you interest in ? I'm seeing people mentioning Baker from Arizona he would cost a lot. 
    • You’re not really allowed to say that. How guys happen to perform for a couple weeks in October is a matter of their character and personal makeup. It’s not random. How the team fares in those couple weeks is the only meaningful measure of its quality and the competence of those who built it. It’s not random. After all, aren’t the storylines all the same things we’d talked about all season? No way CLE and PHI could rely on those shaky bullpens. And HOU and MIL were stuck counting on guys like Hader and Williams to shut down games, recipe for disaster. The LAD pitching would obviously outduel SDP when it counted, and the Tigers made the grave error of relying on someone like Skubal in a winner-take-all against Matthew Boyd. The Yankees are winning thanks to the production of the guys at the bottom of their lineup and by far the best closer in the playoffs. As we all predicted, Bobby Witt, Manny Machado, Luis Arraez, Austin Wells, Josh Naylor are all among the very worst qualified hitters in the playoffs. And expectedly, the best hitters have been guys like Brayan Rocchio, Giancarlo Stanton, Mark Vientos, Jesse Winker, and Kyle Higashioka. And of course, it was basically a dead heat between Dylan Cease and Max Fried for worst SP in the playoffs — and an absolute runaway for Emmanuel Clase as the biggest one-man disaster in the entire playoffs. What’s random?
    • Problem is Cleveland's pitching has been suspect too. If Cleveland can get some better pitching they can push this series to 7 games because Yankees bullpen is getting hit hard. I see Cleveland winning the next game and then the Yankees close this series out in game six back back at the Bronx.
    • Apparently Naylor got under what would have been a 3-run HR. Cleveland should be done, but stranger things have happened. And this NYY pitching is looking mightily suspect.
    • I agree the first round of playoffs there was very little offense in the Wild card and ALDS  but these two series has been ton of runs because the starters are nit giving you even 5 innings.  
  • Popular Contributors