4/19 - O's at Redsox

fansince71

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need a big hit here from Huff as much as a street walker needs...

Ok, nevermind he grounds out.

I long for the day when our rotation is as good as Bostons.

Koji has pitched a gem thus far as well..... But we need high k and overpowering guys.

Its like Schilling said when the Sox beat the Cards in the Series in 04.

He said we knew we were going to win because we had power pitchers and they had contact pitchers. And he was absolutely right. ( As much as that pains me to say, as he is a pompous you know what ).

Markakis looks bad, no one will point that out though, his name is not Pie.

I agree with the premise but it is not Nick or Huff or Felix that are bad, it's Lester who is just good. Many forget how tough baseball is and the fact that sometime the other guy is better. Lester is better.

You didn't think that was a great AB against an exceptional pitcher?

Actually, yes, I did think it was a fine AB against a great pitcher, but so was Pie's AB. I was saying this because everyone said Pie looked embarassing, when he had a very similar AB to Markakis. Sorry if some missed the point there, it just makes me mad that Markakis strikes out and everyone is fine, Pie strikes out and everyone goes nuts, and they don't realize it is the pitcher not Felix.

Actually, no, I think it was a fine AB against a great pitcher, but so was Pie's AB. I was saying this because everyone said Pie looked embarassing, when he had a very similar AB to Markakis.

All I was saying is that it was a bad idea to take the bunt off when there was only 1 strike.

...because Pie vs. Lester is a mismatch, especially today.

Archived