5/12 Rays at Orioles

PaulFolk

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't believe people are making a big deal about how Pie reacted to one measly pitch. Jeez, people...

I've seen Nick take strike 3 because he was looking for something else somewhere else. But when Pie does it, it's a indication of something telling? Gimme a break...

Maybe it was, he just got pulled for some reason.

I've seen Pie do that a bunch this season, I think maybe it's because he's "trying" to be more patient at the plate. It just looks very strange to see someone take one right down the middle without even flinching.

I think I'm more for Pie playing than against, but the fact that Trembley took him out may mean something.

Well, I hope it means something other than his reaction to 1 pitch, or DT's gonna be in my doghouse

(As if DT would give a crap about that ;-)

Well, I hope it means something other than his reaction to 1 pitch, or DT's gonna be in my doghouse

(As if DT would give a crap about that ;-)

Yeah, I dunno... I don't know if that's such a good decision by Trem.

If it's solely on that play then that can be really disheartening on a player like Pie who's confidence has to be low already. He seemed really happy and upbeat earlier in the game and so far to me looked like he was putting a ton of effort into his play in the OF and then had a good first at bat. For Trem to pull him for striking out... I dunno, that's gotta hit him hard.

Maybe it was, he just got pulled for some reason.

I've seen Pie do that a bunch this season, I think maybe it's because he's "trying" to be more patient at the plate. It just looks very strange to see someone take one right down the middle without even flinching.

Agreed. Which is why we need to be more patient with him. Adjusting your approach at the plate takes a lot of time. Time is something we (the O's) have so we should give it to him.

If DT benched him for that, that is ridiculous.

Archived