5/17 - O's at KC Royals - Koji for the rubber?

bobmc

Orioles and Royals lineups

By Roch Kubatko on May 17, 2009 10:36 AM

For the Orioles:

Brian Roberts - 2B

Cesar Izturis - SS

Nick Markakis - RF

Aubrey Huff - DH

Melvin Mora - 3B

Nolan Reimold - LF

Ty Wigginton - 1B

Gregg Zaun - C

Felix Pie - CF

Koji Uehara - RHP

For the Royals:

Coco Crisp - CF

Alberto Callaspo - 2B

Billy Butler - 1B

Mike Jacobs - DH

Jose Guillen - RF

Mark Teahen - 3B

David DeJesus - LF

John Buck - C

Willie Bloomquist - SS

Luke Hochevar - RHP

Nolan in the six hole with Huffster DH'ing. vatech1994's boy Ty is following Nolie. Let's see if he's more patient today. :scratchchinhmm:

Other notes - Montanez pining, Felix looks to eclipse the Mendoza today and Zaunie with a day's rest needs a knock to keep him above that "standard".

Steve Melewski from MASN has this to say about Hochevar, the O's opponent on the hill today:

"RHP Luke Hochevar (0-1, 36.00) put up brilliant numbers at Triple-A this year, but not in his first Major League start of this season.

Hochevar took the loss Tuesday at Oakland. He pitched just two innings and gave up seven hits and eight runs, including a homer. He threw just 48 pitches.

Hochevar was called up to make that start after going 5-0, 0.90 this season for Triple-A Omaha. In 40 innings he had allowed just 28 hits with 10 walks and 30 strikeouts. In his last three Triple-A starts he pitched 21 innings without giving up an earned run.

The 25-year-old pitched decently this spring for KC, going 1-0, 3.86, but did not make the rotation out of camp.

Hochevar was the first pick in round one of the draft by the Royals in 2006 out of the University of Tennessee.

Last season with KC, the righty went 6-12, 5.51 in 22 starts.

Hochevar vs. the Orioles:

2008: 0-2, 6.92, two starts (13IP, 11H, 5BB, 7K0

Career: Same as above"

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only four runs over the past two games, time to break out the hitting stick today and give Koji some help.

We going to see The Birds score some runs today. Plus a good outting from Koji we give us 3 out of 4 vs the Royals.

On the radio pre-game broadcast, Trembley said that Jones is available to pinch hit if need be, but he prefers to give him another day off with the off day tomorrow and have him fresh for the Yankees series.

Sweet. I will be at all those Yankee games. Hoping to see a Reimold, Jones, and Markakis OF.

Sweet. I will be at all those Yankee games. Hoping to see a Reimold, Jones, and Markakis OF.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Pie, Reimold, and Montanez. I think you'll definitely see Reimold on Tuesday against Sabathia. I think you'll be seeing Sabathia, Hughes, and Chamberlain.

Archived