5/17 - O's at KC Royals - Koji for the rubber?

bobmc

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sonnanstine is 0-1 so far on the game--I mean this is one way for the Rays to prepare for interleague play which is upcoming... ;)

Ironically, Jim Fregosi is in the stands scouting the game and as a manager he did the same thing 10 years ago! :laughlol:

Ironically, Jim Fregosi is in the stands scouting the game and as a manager he did the same thing 10 years ago! :laughlol:

Could be an indication as to why he's scouting now instead of managing. Pretty funny stuff. :D

I'll be shocked if Reimold gets Pie's spot when Jones gets back. Pie has been hitting pretty well. So far I've only seen one Reimold hit leave the infield.

Wow.. Reimold is in his 4th game now? His 1st game he hit two hard line drives that both resulted in outs. I agree that Pie isn't going anywhere- that's for sure- BUT, Reimold has looked incredibly good (and PATIENT) at the plate. His stats don't reflect his appearances. Any of his hard hit balls could have reached the outfield if not hit right at the defender.

What happened to Longoria? I missed something

On the original lineup posted by the Rays, they had Longoria and Zorbrist both listed as 3B with no DH. Longoria didnt take the field in the first half, so they made the pitcher bat because they didnt have a DH listed, so Longoria is on the bench for the game.

Wow.. Reimold is in his 4th game now? His 1st game he hit two hard line drives that both resulted in outs. I agree that Pie isn't going anywhere- that's for sure- BUT, Reimold has looked incredibly good (and PATIENT) at the plate. His stats don't reflect his appearances. Any of his hard hit balls could have reached the outfield if not hit right at the defender.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about Reimold. But, I'm expecting his stay to be short for now unless he absolutely lights it up.

What happened to Longoria? I missed something

I'll just repost what I posted on page 4 of this thread...

BTW, not sure if anyone saw this or not... but a pretty hilarious development from the Rays game today.

The Rays listed two third basemen on their lineup card on Sunday, causing them to lose their designated hitter.

The plan was for Evan Longoria to DH and bat third on Sunday, but he was listed at third, along with Ben Zobrist. Since he didn't take a position in the top of the first, the Rays have now had to go to starting pitcher Andy Sonnanstine as their No. 3 hitter.

Needless to say, there will be some sort of "What did Joe Maddon do wrong tonight?" thread on rayshangout.com. ;)

I mean seriously, has anyone ever seen such a notable blight from a manager? Then again, isn't someone other than the manager responsible for filling out the lineup card for some teams?

Archived